I have a harley benton G412A vintage cab the specs - 4x12" Celestion Vintage 30 speakers, angled, 240watts into 8ohms, 2x 120watts into 16ohms /mono / stereo.
My question is on my amp I have two 1/4 outputs can I run two speaker cables in to the cab?
Quote by dspellman
No.

Not from one amp.

What would be the point?

Well i was wondering if it could somehow split the speakers to run a stereo set up for my hd500x or any stereo setup . Why would they have a mono and stereo switch on the cab what is that for then ?
Quote by dazzzer30
Well i was wondering if it could somehow split the speakers to run a stereo set up for my hd500x or any stereo setup . Why would they have a mono and stereo switch on the cab what is that for then ?

you amp is not stereo though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
you amp is not stereo though.
then why does my amp have two 1/4 speaker outputs ? The podHD500 is stereo or mono .
Last edited by dazzzer30 at Jan 24, 2015,
Quote by dazzzer30
then why does my amp have two 1/4 speaker outputs ? The podHD500 is stereo or mono .

because it can push multiple cabs. is your effects loop stereo? unlikely. thats the issue.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
because it can push multiple cabs. is your effects loop stereo? unlikely. thats the issue.

The amp is Randell rg 1503h and i does have stereo effects loop .
the other thing is the amp has a aux input so if I wanted I could run my pod hd500 which would bypass the amp so I would only be using the podhd500 which is stereo, but I don't know if the cab can split the speaker up using the stereo switch or if i would need another cab .
even if you can it goes back to this:

Quote by dspellman
No.

Not from one amp.

What would be the point?

stereo coming from speakers a few inches apart isn't very effective.

i have ran a stereo rig, but my cabs were ten feet apart.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
even if you can it goes back to this:

stereo coming from speakers a few inches apart isn't very effective.

i have ran a stereo rig, but my cabs were ten feet apart.

I know it would not be very effective for the amp but I was trying to get an idea of What the stereo switch was on the cab , The thing I can't understand is If its not possible why? If my amp has two speaker outputs and my cab is able to switch to stereo and has the two input L<R would this not split the cab in half and work? I would have at like the chance try my hd500 in stereo and hear what is sounds like .
You can run the cab stereo, but it is not actually stereo with your amp, it is just 2 mono signals. To run an actual stereo rig with that cab you will need either 2 amps (1 into each input on the cab) or you need an amp that has a stereo poweramp.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quite a few speaker cabinets with more than one speaker have the option of running either "stereo" or mono input. Here's the thing. You need two separate power amps in order to have stereo (or you need a stereo amplifier that essentially has a pair of power amps built in).

If you have a mono amplifier, you're not going to produce stereo with it.

You can, however, run two separate amplifiers into it. We've had a pair of stereo cabinets in a band and run the keyboard player through the right side of each cabinet and the guitar player through the left side of each cabinet. Put one of these cabinets on either side of the band and you have a pretty wide dispersal of each players sound.

In regard to the HD500. It's fully capable of running stereo; it has a right and a left output. Your speaker cabinet is capable of running stereo; it has a right and a left input. Unfortunately, what you're missing is the stereo amplifier that will maintain that separation of signals while pushing the speakers.

Further, hearing something in "stereo" demands that you have enough separation between the speakers that you can really distinguish when one sound is coming from the right and another is coming from the left. For most small rooms, that involves six to eight feet of separation if you're standing six to eight feet away. Melding those two signals inside one 4x12 won't really give you an idea of true stereo sound; the speakers (as mentioned above) are too close.

If you want to hear your HD500 in stereo, plug in a good set of stereo headphones. This gives you sufficient separation because you've got one signal in one ear, and the other side in the other ear.