This, has got to be, the most AMAZING pedal of ALL TIME, PERIOD. I am having a major fanboy crisis right now. But this Korg pedal... It is... You will NEVER use it, but you HAVE TO own it just for the simple sake of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aveUEZkcQno

P.S. After having watched the full video, the pedal has its problems, even as a tracking device, but just LOOK at the amount of fun they are having! This is most likely genuine too, I was laughing my arse off looking at them laughing their arses off! Oh man!

EDIT: Just looking at it, yeah it is kind of old news, came out in October, but only for Japan... Now...
The above post is in terms of 'YMMV' and 'IMO', etc...

Quote by Offworld92
This debate is exhausting to read.
The guitar world is drowned in fairy dust.
We need to start at the very beginning. What is tone.
Last edited by 2Crosser at Jan 24, 2015,
You play that, loud, around me for anymore than a few seconds and you might get a pen jabbed in your eyeball. That's terrifying!
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
The Hatsune Miku pedal sounds better than 99.9% of the Cookie Monster vocals on metal albums today. Mallcore bands could replace their vocalists with this pedal and immediately sound better. I’m looking at you, A7X.

But seriously, at least it’s not another fuzz, muff, or overdrive.
Last edited by jpnyc at Jan 24, 2015,
Quote by NakedInTheRain
i want that to play the nyan cat song on.

It's ACTUALLY got a 'Nyan' setting, I kid you not! You just have to be good enough to make the damn thing track you to speed and then be able to play the theme. Done!

@Lucky: Japan is upon you. Accept it... "And I probably love you more than the, Japanese love their..."

@jpnyc: you know, it's strange, I thought so too. I take back what I said agreeing with Rob and Lee, about this being useless. It ain't. If only they somehow update the firmware (the 'Phrase' settings were 'heavily inspired' by TC Electronic's TonePrint technology, correct me if I am wrong thinking that they were the first to come up with this kind of thing, so I guess you could beam a firmware update into it, too) to track better, and English support would be nice.

Quote by Offworld92
It would be better if it was voicing Samuel L. Jackson. Or Morgan Freeman. Or Bobcat Goldthwait. Or Gilbert Gottfried. Or Gary Busey. Or Fran Drescher.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I posted about this ages ago, glad to see a review is finally up, meh. Gonna be looking for one that isn't Andertons related though.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Vocaloid stuff is so dumb
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I wanna see someone try to play Meshuggah through this pedal....
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
For Hendrix/Vai's sake, someone needs to teach me how to multi - quote on here

@jinsu: it is $200 down here, so... and ring modulators are used by many. Not really sure if either is useful though XD

@danny: me personally, I like my Miku... But Japanese things in general are very dumb, until we think otherwise 20 years later...

@Stig: it only supports single notes, so no power chords...

@Fish https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9gnwxkaPnI This seems to be pretty honest and accurate, made by a Japanese 'Murican and all.

Quote by Offworld92
I wouldn't buy one, but it does look like it could be fun for 5 or 10 minutes.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
@danny: me personally, I like my Miku... But Japanese things in general are very dumb, until we think otherwise 20 years later...

I have been saying for years now that the Japanese own weird. Only the Koreans come close.

Thing is, I can't agree with your "20 years later" timetable.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by 2Crosser

@Stig: it only supports single notes, so no power chords...

You have obviously not heard Meshuggah.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
@Stig: Oh no, I know they are mostly single note chugs and runs. However, this pedal also is restricted in range - it can't go lower than the Standard E - it IS Hatsune Miku after all, she should not even be singing that low. It would be fun to hear a metal lead line through the pedal, on that I can agree

@danny: I was referring to synthesizers/virtual instruments for anything but keyboards and keytars and such. What is your time period estimate?

@Rob: this pedal lets you play Senbonzakura! Dood... That is like, probably my #8 song of all time.

P.S. I figured out how to multi - quote, but the @nic method is just so much easier XD

Quote by Offworld92
I was referring to synthesizers/virtual instruments for anything but keyboards and keytars and such. What is your time period estimate?

Well, with that limitation, I would say that the community of electronic musicians has been pretty active in America and Europe since about 1967, and that the Asian nations came pretty late to the party.

However, since @1990 or so, there has been a pretty constant flow of ideas between those musicians around the world. Nobody in particular is more cutting edge than anywhere else...in part because of the nature of the technologies they use.

Quote by Tony Done
I only play slide on electric, and I would have loved those bends if they didn't have the vocalisations. Is there anything comparable without the vocalisation?

Pardon? I don't wholly understand, do you want a phrase pedal that is not modelled after a voice? That would be a wah/yah and an auto - wah, I do not know what else.

@danny: I can agree to that, but Yamaha, Korg, and too many other innovators are Japanese. If anything I would say that Japan is the 'innovation' country (correct me if I am wrong, but that is where transvestites and cross - dressers first came from Not to offend anyone, of course) but in all things non - electronic, I can agree that Japan is usually late (Daihatsu, anyone?).

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by Tony Done
I only play slide on electric, and I would have loved those bends if they didn't have the vocalisations. Is there anything comparable without the vocalisation?

talk box.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by 2Crosser

@danny: I can agree to that, but Yamaha, Korg, and too many other innovators are Japanese. If anything I would say that Japan is the 'innovation' country (correct me if I am wrong, but that is where transvestites and cross - dressers first came from Not to offend anyone, of course) but in all things non - electronic, I can agree that Japan is usually late (Daihatsu, anyone?).

There are a lot of electronic innovators in Asia, yes, but throat has more to do with certain facts of economics & history than them being more intrinsically innovative. There are plenty of innovators in Europe & the Americas.

Example, this from Spain:
http://www.reactable.com

Quote by gumbilicious
talk box.

And 2crosser. Something that gives a horn or organ-like sound that doesn't involve a synth pickup. I thought of wah or autowah, but wondered if they was anything that didn't have that vocalisation - the "w" in "wah" on the attack. Think foghorn, not vox.
Quote by Tony Done
And 2crosser. Something that gives a horn or organ-like sound that doesn't involve a synth pickup. I thought of wah or autowah, but wondered if they was anything that didn't have that vocalisation - the "w" in "wah" on the attack. Think foghorn, not vox.

ERM, perhaps an organ pedal? There is the new EHX Organizer which has received epic reviews. A foghorn though? I truly have idea. Neither do I have an idea how to apply all these to slide guitar, you're obviously much more creative than I am. I think there should be a horn pedal somewhere, I will search it up in a bit.

@danny: that's crazy! Crazy, as if I wasn't addicted enough to music already... And no don't worry, I ain't making the racist stereotype that Asians are smarter. They try harder

Quote by Offworld92
Last edited by 2Crosser at Jan 25, 2015,
Quote by 2Crosser

@danny: that's crazy! Crazy, as if I wasn't addicted enough to music already...

BTW, the good people at ReacTable have made app versions for most smartphones and tablets.

http://www.reactable.com/products/mobile/

It isn't as powerful as the real deal, but it is damn near functionally identical.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 25, 2015,
Quote by Tony Done
^^^^^ <sigh> I listened to the Organizer. I think I'll have to be content with fuzz.

Right, so there is this one pedal I found from a moderate search, it is 2+ times older than I am: www.effectsdatabase.com/model/maestro/bb1 Check out the YouTube clips, this is NOT a guitar synth, but produces brass sounds. It has GOT to be DAMN RARE though, so yeah...

@Ippon: No, H4T3BR33D3R

@danny: Please, I beg of you Master Lawyer! I have no spare time as is!

Quote by Offworld92

Ahhhh, but think of all the time you could be making music instead of playing STOOPID GAMEZ on your mobile device of choice.

...Especially since you can load the app with your own .wav files, meaning you can use stuff YOU recorded and manipulate it with all kinds of filters & effects.

On my iPad2, I've plugged into my car's Aux jack and "played DJ" while sitting in parking lots, waiting for my assorted relatives...

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 26, 2015,
Quote by 2Crosser
Right, so there is this one pedal I found from a moderate search, it is 2+ times older than I am: www.effectsdatabase.com/model/maestro/bb1 Check out the YouTube clips, this is NOT a guitar synth, but produces brass sounds. It has GOT to be DAMN RARE though, so yeah...

@Ippon: No, H4T3BR33D3R

@danny: Please, I beg of you Master Lawyer! I have no spare time as is!

That's same one I found by Googling horn and guitar effect. But many thanks for trying. What I want is something like a fuzz that doesn't break up when when you play a chord.
Wait, you want fuzz that isn't overdrive?.. I seriously have no idea man, all fuzz is classified as a form of overdrive as far as I know... Try going through the EarthQuaker Devices catalog, see if there is anything there remotely applicable for you, they are known for making effects that only ONE person in the world can use seriously.

Quote by Offworld92
Last edited by 2Crosser at Jan 26, 2015,
This is old news. Saw a guy review this pedal months ago.

£100 is awfully expensive for a gimmick that exhausts its novelty after 10 minutes. Seriously, the entire scope of usability for this pedal can be covered by simply messing with it through a Line 6 Spider at GC for nada.

The fact that it doesn't track chords (or track very quickly at all for that matter) is really disappointing too. Being able to have multiple Miku voices for each string in a chord, and being able to do tremolo picking, sweeping etc. and having it track each note would add another 10 mins of novelty.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 26, 2015,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
This is old news. Saw a guy review this pedal months ago.

£100 is awfully expensive for a gimmick that exhausts its novelty after 10 minutes. Seriously, the entire scope of usability for this pedal can be covered by simply messing with it through a Line 6 Spider at GC for nada.

The fact that it doesn't track chords (or track very quickly at all for that matter) is really disappointing too. Being able to have multiple Miku voices for each string in a chord would add another 10 mins of novelty.

Please pardon me for not agreeing at all anymore. I used to think the same way when this thread started, then realised that two guitar players could actually pull off 'Senbonzakura' using this pedal and no vocalist and changed my mind. The regular settings ARE fairly useless in 99% of applications, but the 'Phrase' settings have unlimited possibilities, with added support for 'romaji' and soon to be on Android too.

P.S. the post - scriptum of the OP acknowledges this as old news Trying not to sound defensive is hard

Quote by Offworld92
Quote by 2Crosser
Please pardon me for not agreeing at all anymore. I used to think the same way when this thread started, then realised that two guitar players could actually pull off 'Senbonzakura' using this pedal and no vocalist and changed my mind. The regular settings ARE fairly useless in 99% of applications, but the 'Phrase' settings have unlimited possibilities, with added support for 'romaji' and soon to be on Android too.

P.S. the post - scriptum of the OP acknowledges this as old news Trying not to sound defensive is hard

But there exist synth patches of Hatsune Miku that do what this Miku Stomp Box does a thousand times better. Because they come without any of these latency issues or inability to track chords.

When you have a pedal that takes the guitar and amp so far out of the equation that it seems uncanny that the notes are even being played on a guitar, you need to ask yourself what purpose the guitar serves in the first place. And to consider if another instrument can execute this sort of thing better. And in this case, there are.

The gimmick of the interface being a guitar (and not even do it that well) is the only real selling point of the pedal.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 26, 2015,
But momma, I'm a REAL guitarist now And I love my Miku

No but seriously, this is a LOT cheaper than a whole other instrument and/or player, albeit worse. Of course, one could opt for the Vocaloid software and control it through MIDI. But then, where is the fun? As per what Lee said in the ‘Chappers & Anderton's' review though, whether or not this is a complete gimmick or not does not matter, Korg are bound to make lots of money, I mean, look at the positioning of the foot switch itself

Quote by Offworld92
I need one. Now.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Cool! But please don't post in old threads.