Hi i have question about the nut on my guitar

I have a fender mexi strat. I need to string it the other way. So I'm wondering if I can take out the nut and spin it 180 degrees...or are nuts made to only go in one way? Is there such thing as a nut for Lefty's and rights? Or are they all the same.

I just bought the guitar new today
I'm pretty sure Hendrix and Dick Dale both did that, so I don't see why not as long as it's glued back down tight enough.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Yeah I've done it once before with a epi hollow body cept instead flipping the nut, I filed out the nut in a few spots. I don't want to do that again tho.
Flipping a nut won’t work well. Nut slots are cut so that they angle down toward the headstock and the string only touches a tiny bit of the nut. Turn it around and your strings are resting in the wrong place—intonation will be terrible.
jpnyc is correct, you'll have to replace the nut entirely. If it's a standard Strat nut, you remove it by tapping it out from one end, it's in a slot cut into the wood. Use an exacto knife to score the edges so you don't rip out chunks of the finish.

Check here

http://www.frets.com/FretsPages/pagelist.html

For good instructions on dealing with nut replacement. Or take it to a shop.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by jpnyc
Flipping a nut won’t work well. Nut slots are cut so that they angle down toward the headstock and the string only touches a tiny bit of the nut. Turn it around and your strings are resting in the wrong place—intonation will be terrible.

This!
Moving on.....