I really dug how the song had it's own environment to it that kept me engaged. I also enjoyed how you used your voice in the song and the layers you added to it. I would suggest to add more layers to vocal because I think it would make it sound even better (although I am not a producer and could be completely wrong!). One thing I am not sure I am fond of is the piano/keyboard sound you used but I am sure after listening to it a couple times I would get used to it. Anyways keep on writing because in my opinion it sounds pretty good!

Lastly do you ever play your songs live?
And everything that once was
infinitely far
and unsayable is now
unsayable
and right here in the room.

- Franz Wright
You have a decent track here, mix needs a lot of work though. Too much competing for space. Perhaps stick a sidechain on some elements? Would work really well with this sound.
Would also play around with the individual sounds themselves, could do with some effects on them to make them sound less like stock sounds that you loaded up. Alternate the background synth, the keys, etc. to give them a bit more character.

Check out my track when you can, could do with some feedback: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1667998
NougartOfficial, KingCity, sirsteelstrings,
Thank you for the reviews, I appreciate it! I played in several bands in the 80's, playing mostly cover tunes. Back then, I played at a number of parties, club gigs, even a roller rink (terrible acoustics there). After that I got tired of flakey band members. I played (on my own) a few originals at some church functions, but that was over 15 years ago. In the last 25+ years, I've played in a few band situations, but they always fizzled out after a few practices. Now I'm just a one man band home studio project.
As someone who isn't a big fan of this type of music, i found your stuff quite enjoyable! I liked all the different varying rythms in the different instruments throughout the song... kept me engaged the whole time!
Oh hey, I didn't see you there
You reviewed one of mine, so now I review one of yours.

DAMN, those are some phat synths!

I liked the vocal melody, too. Reminded me of some weird cross of Syd-era Pink Floyd mixed with something from the 80s. It sounds a lot like the last band I was in if we were more electronic. This could easily become my new party anthem
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Thanks for your review!

Just listened to your song, and it sounds cool, kind of like something from Orgy! I like your harmonies. Definitely got a unique, fun sound to it. Well done.
Thanks for your review on my song. I must say I'm not really into this kind of music. You have interesting vocal lines and ideas, but it sounds a bit empty. I don't know if it's the lack of acoustic instruments in the mix or the drums that are a bit akward... I think the bass could change a bit so it makes some parts sound more different. I don't like the guitar tone, but the synth parts are cool, love the arppegiator. Reminds me of depeche mode
Thanks for the response man, youre always on top of this forum. Listened to the top song. Nifty stuff man, I shared it for you
Hi mate, I like this track! the electronics are sweet and it has a good up beat progression. I cant say I am a fan of the vocals but that's just my taste but I do like the music
Good job on the song mate - has an 80's New Wave feel about it. Not the type of music I would listen to but I can appreciate what you've produced.

Cheers for your feedback on my track.
I feel like I'm being transported back to the 80s lol. I really like the melodies you got going on there and the overall tone. Especially the old-schooley synths add a lot to the atmosphere and it's quite pleasant to listen to. The vocal layering is quite intriguing too, and you got a pretty fascinating voice.
Personally, feel like the drums could have been a little louder, or a bit more pronounced in the mix, but I'm a pretty groove-focused guy, so I always like the drums louder than most people
Overall: Awesome Track
Nice ambient! Not really the stuff I'm used to, but I did like the mixing and the vocal sound.
www.metallerium.com
Cool song I like the use of the synths. I'd compress the bass a lot more to make it fill out the bottom end, as well as up the volume of most of the drums (except overheads).
Synths and guitars are nice and warm. Bass tone is also great. I don't ilke the vocal tone but they are mixed and layered really effectively and give the piece it's 'signature' if you like. I've heard some of your music before and they're definitely recognisable so props for that:-P Compositionally nothing stood out to me, but you were effective at portraying that sort of New Wave style.

The drums are almost inaudible and also sound a bit too wet, either in terms of room sound or reverb that you have added. Might be a mix choice as it's a quite an ambient piece but even so they are TOO backed off.
I'm going to be honest - this style of music is just not my cup of tea. However, I can appreciate it for what it is. Pretty decent quality and groove. Too much synth for my taste. I would probably throw some piano in there to replace the synth. Not bad overall!
Hey, nice song you've got there. It has an old school kind of vibe, but it doesn't sound outdated, which is good. The bass guitar seemed a bit too loud (or had too much high end) throughout most of the song, but really that's the only problem I heard. Some of the synth stuff was getting a bit repetitive for me, but for the most part it seemed necessary for the overall tone of of the song. Everything else seemed well-balanced. Keep it up.
Cheers for checking out my vid.

I'm really not that fond of much electronic music sorry. It sounded good within the genre though.
8bit vibe from the start. It could fit in a retro game montage, but then the vocals start. It reminds me of Bowie and I love that man. Cool use of synths. Nice job!
kinda stars wars at the start lol. I like it! almost reminded me of some of the early bloodhound gang stuff with that cool synth...u have a better voice then most people on here...sounds like you've played a lot of live shows..u have been singing for a long time...great beat and recording...I do think the lyrics are kind of confusing/not that good...u would probably loose an audience if u played this live. also it seems a little long....u repeat some of the lyrics a little too much...kinda a bad guns n roses demo it sounds like. something that would not make an album....crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=33256003#post33256003
Man, this is some really good stuff! You are certainly a very gifted songwriter and your vocals are really good too. Those harmonies are killer!
Thanks for the feedback!

I've critiqued quite a few of your songs now, the production on this one is the best so far. The vocal mix sounds much better mainly because you've used less effects than I'm used to hearing you use.
Hey man, thanks for the crit. Sorry this reply took so long!
Honestly, I've reviewed several of your songs now. Usually I really like them, but this is one of the weaker ones. I liked the vocal layering but it relies too much on it. Maybe keep the idea but try it with a stronger melody!
Hope that works.
Nice song. Reminds me of Neon Indian at times, particularly his Psychic Chasm album.
This is good!
My main gripe though is that the bass playing is not up to par with the rest of the parts and is also a bit heavy in the midrange frequencies (400-700hz). Try dipping these a bit and it might make it work a bit more.
Hi, you reviewed mine so here it goes. Like many of these other posters, especially here on UG, electronic music is generally not what I listen to. This music certainly has a unique atmosphere, sometimes two-bit, sometimes, 80s-synth, with crazy-person-Bowie/Cars sort of vocals (that's not meant to be bad!). I even get some Rick James in some of the songs. I've never been a big fan of drum machine so, to me, the drums could use a heavier, punchier quality. Good melodies, and I like the vocals best.
I listened to quite a few of your tracks yesterday after I saw your post for "Forever Today" - I would say compared to some of your other tracks, this one just doesn't engage me as effectively. The sounds of the instruments sound a little too "stock" right off the bat. But what you do well, as usual, is play with fun and creative vocal melodies. I would just like to hear you really get a good drum emulator plugin, and work on filling out and customizing your synth sounds. To really do your music proper justice. Take care as always man