Its probably hard to tell but I don't know much about Gibson guitars to pick a real one out but can anyone tell from the pictures if its a real Gibson , The guy said It had a crack in the neck but he glue it back on straight apart from that is need a lot of work doing to it .
Last edited by dazzzer30 at Jan 24, 2015,
It looks legit, but f it ihow much does he want for it? I wouldn't pay more than $200 for it though. You will end up spending $300-$400 to replace all the parts it needs.

And it has been broke and fixed which it the main issue
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Looks legit, but pretty rough. I'm not sure I'd touch anything with an amateur repair at the neck joint, the frets look in bad shape, and the finish stripping was not done well.

As Robb says, I wouldn't drop a whole lot of money on it. If you're looking for a project body or something to practice repairs or refinishing on, it's probably great. If you're hoping to slap some electronics on it and have a great guitar - don't bet on it.
He said it a Gibson Les Paul Standard from 1996 Its bidding at £255, He said the neck wasnt completely broken off, but im not so sure about that , I guess the only thing that is putting me off is the fact that If he hasnt done a good neck repair It will be a waste of money, although he said the truss rod works
Last edited by dazzzer30 at Jan 24, 2015,
I don't see any reason to doubt that it's real. Serial number checks out too.

I would be concerned about the neck repair. From the amount of cracking it looks like the neck joint was broken, and the fix does not look particularly good.
I wouldn't bother with it, too much work and real or not for the gibson guitar you can get a ton of just as nice guitars that aren't gibson but les pauls out there.

PRS , ESP (Edwards, LTD, Schecter) , El degas (ebay). That is the tip of the iceberg. One of my personal favorites is probably the LTD EC-1000 CTM. I despise les pauls myself for many reasons but say for example that Eclipse is as thick as a Gibson Les Paul custom and I've got a lot of respect for LTD. High end parts, mahogany is mahogany to a certain degree. A headstock decal and "made in" are just marketing. It's all about the sound and how we play and what we use to achieve such a sound.
It's genuine but the attempted repair is completely shoddy. Which is enough for me to say no. I'd rather buy one with a clean break that's been untouched that I can repair.

Asking too much for it
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100