So, I just found an ad selling a used M-Audio Fast Track. Original price: 129 €, can get it for 50 €. As I don't have an interface yet and I was thinking about gettin one for a year or so, this might actually be an opportunity for me. Thing is: I have a Valve King 112 as a main amp and if I could actually record it via the interface, that would be great. Because the way I see it there's no use in using software if you already have an tube amp you could record. So the question really is: Is there a way recording tracks via said interface using an amp?

Thanks in advance!
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
If you want to record your amp, you'll need a mic as well.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
If you want to record your amp, you'll need a mic as well.

So there's no way in recording my amp directly via its output?
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
Quote by jaspervdv
you can try to connect the amp with the fx out to the interface and use an impulse loader in your daw for the speaker sound

This will work, but just to clarify you should never use your amp without the speaker connected unless you have an appropriate load box connected instead.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
This will work, but just to clarify you should never use your amp without the speaker connected unless you have an appropriate load box connected instead.

Yes, that is pretty important to keep in mind.
Except when you have a amp which can do that and you are 100% sure about that, like those little H&K amplifiers.

However, I dont think that it is possible to disconnect the speaker from a valveking combo. (correct me if i'm wrong)
Even if you did it would sound like shitt, use your savings from the cheap interface for an SM57. A condenser mic would be great too to use in conjunction with the 57 but if you waited a whole year to get an interface because you couldn't afford 120 bucks I don't see a condenser in your future
Quote by zackk
seriously though, listen to DaliLama.
Quote by Arthur Curry
My spidey sense tells me some mothafuckas are gonna be BANNED.
If you like the sound of your cabinet, the best way is to mic it. It will sound the most like you hear it while playing. If you want to just record your guitar straight into the DAW, just get a DI, and shape your sound in the DAW and/or with pedals. Is the fast track a DI?