I am totally new to electric guitars and almost completely new to guitars in general. I just bought a Peavey Vypyr vip. The bloody manual CD will not operate.
I am a little overwhelmed by all the settings. I have a really basic understanding of how they work but I really want to get a specific sound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_BQCob2Zxk

I own that guitar. I really want to be able to sound as close to that as possible. I know that it wont sound the same using a cheap amp but I want to at least try to get close. How do I go about it?
You can always download the manual from peavey.com under 'support' - 'manuals'.
I got that but there really was basically nothing in the manual. Just a really quick diagram of what the buttons are. I think there might be more in the CD. Plus I think there was software in it
No matter what you dial in, you're not gonna break it. Just spend a couple hours screwing around with everything, you'll get the hang of it.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Yes, there's software too. But I think you may be able to download it as well from the site.

There's lots of demo videos on youtube on the Vypyrs that show how to get a variety of sound.

Anyways, congrats on your amp. Which one did you get? I'm getting a Vypyr VIP 2 soon. Looking forward to tinkering with it.
Set that bitch to "Twin" on the green channel. Turn the gain down. Then add a reverb effect.

See what tone you get. Then experiment within that basic framework.
Select different pickup settings and play around with the bass and treble controls. Try gradually adding gain. Try other effect settings. Try temolo, vibrato, chorus, delay, etc...
I'm trying to help simplify things for you.

I like the Vypyr but the guy in the Video was playing a Super-Champ XD. The only way you're going to get an exact Fender clean tone is if you had a Fender amp. You can get pretty close though.

It's easy to waste time chasing tone. Find a tone that you like and save the settings. Then find another. Go forth and experiment.
Quote by paul.housley.7
Set that bitch to "Twin" on the green channel. Turn the gain down. Then add a reverb effect.

See what tone you get. Then experiment within that basic framework.
Select different pickup settings and play around with the bass and treble controls. Try gradually adding gain. Try other effect settings. Try temolo, vibrato, chorus, delay, etc...
I'm trying to help simplify things for you.

I like the Vypyr but the guy in the Video was playing a Super-Champ XD. The only way you're going to get an exact Fender clean tone is if you had a Fender amp. You can get pretty close though.

It's easy to waste time chasing tone. Find a tone that you like and save the settings. Then find another. Go forth and experiment.

Im not too obsessed over it. I knew I wasnt gonna get an exact fit anyway. I just really liked the way he sounded. Thanks for the basic framework though. I really have no idea how amp stuff works.

Also, I got the VIP 1. Tight Budget.
This is why I’ve sold every modeling amp I’ve owned and gone back to analog gear.