Hello!
+/- two months ago I bought an epiphone les paul standard ebony and now i don't know if the frets are wearing too fast. I play like 30 min everyday. Does anyone know if epiphone's frets wear out fast?
P.S. I had to resize the picture, so I don't know if you can see that well :/

Thank you for any answer
Attachments:
Sem Título.png
It's hard to tell from the pics but I can see it. Wouldn't say that's entirely unusual. Maybe just loosen up your grip a bit if you're concerned about it.

You're not using stainless steel strings right?
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
I would certainly expect softer fretwire on many cheaper guitars, and I did experience fast(er) fretwear on my Epiphone LP that I had from 2007 to 2010 than on my other guitars. With that said, there should be some time before you see wear.

Now that I own 14 electrics, I don't really see that much wear on them. I only have 1 guitar with any noticeable wear, and that one has probably a lot of time left before it affects the playability.

The most damaging thing to the frets is probably a capo that has no tension adjustment. The harder you push down, the faster the wear - and a capo can certainly press down harder than your fingers.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Doesn't look like you've got that much fretwear going on.

DO check your technique, however, and try to work with a light touch on your fretting hand. You only need to press the string down far enough to touch the fret; you don't need to feel your fingers touching the fretboard. If you're a gorilla gripper, you're going to see a lot more wear on your frets, and you're never going to play as fast as you might want to.
I was worried because in the 2nd and 3rd frets are starting to make a mark in the shape of the string... I guess it is my technique :$
i chewed the **** out of my Gibby LP, i had it as a #1 for three four years, and it needs a level and crown for sure. if not refret. keep in mind i was playing other guitars at the time too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
yeah my epi les paul had some fairly significant fret wear to the point where, wny more and it would play worse. given that its a 400 dollar guitar and re fretting a bound fretboard is about 400 bucks....that means the guitar would have been oficially fubar-ed (unless i was literally in love with the guitar). however, i bought it used, with some wear, and i played the living heck out if it. so i got my use of it and im fine with that. so i sold it.

i would say higher quality guitars with name brand fretwire is going to be better quality and that is SO overlooked. who buys a guitar and says "man, i really need this one because it has better quality frets." but rephrase " how important is your guitar neck and playability?" my guess is most people would say A LOT

i think even cheap guitars will last years of hard playing unless your a pro, like van halen who claims to chew up regular frets in months.

my carvin has stainless frets. i think that type of premium feture should come on any guitar that would allow it, or perhaps most guitars of 800-1000+ price range. perhaps manufactueres dont want to, because its future proofing instruments. man that would be a really dirty secret - "hey, no stainless steel cause it means people will need to buy less guitars."

all i know is, my carvin fret work will probably be perfect for eternity...or until the actual wood / body probably wears out around the frets.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)