Hey guys. Just finished my guitar project.

Nothing special, just stripped off the black finish on this old stratocaster copy and gave it a slightly matte finish.

I used the original white pickguard and it just looks bland on it.

What colour/pattern do you suggest I use on the pickguard?

Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core
I know just the site for truly custom ones, as long as it's 3 ply you're going to be fine.

the fake abalone pickguards are amazing
http://axetremecreations.com/

for eye catching parts
qparts.com

pearloid a seller on ebay called IKNMusic has them in 15 colors at 11$ american with backplates. I ordered at least 100 pickguards from them and their success rate of their stuff coming is like 99% (used to have a small business). Only one order got lost in the mail.

however dragonfireguitars.com for mirror pickguards and H/S and so forth configurations or WDmusic or whatever for diamond plate pickguards.

as long as you don't go white pearl I have respect for you. I sold enough to buy a gibson les paul custom for compared to certain colors like grey/silver pearl, red pearl or brown/gold pearl.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Jan 26, 2015,
Quote by StaticBacon
a metallic pickguard might look nice...

Oh dammit I missread. I thought you wrote matte white finish. Well if its a clear finish then scrap my idea.
Depending how neat the wiring is in the end, a clear pick guard would look pretty awesome.
these are some suggestions as well, all of these were 11$ american each with backplates from an ebay seller IKNMusic.

left to right
black pearl , blue pearl , purple pearl, brown pearl (sometimes called gold pearl)
green pearl , red pearl , silver pearl (gray pearl) , white pearl (boring)
fake red tortoise (no 3d effect) , solid black , fake brown tortoise (no 3d effect)
cream (boring) , vintage cream pearl (slightly darker white) , mint green

I still say check out axetremecreations , wdmusic or dragonfire though. Just i had the best photo of a spectrum of pickguards to show you.

I think the red pearloid one would go really well, but I'm also considering pure glossy black. Decisions!
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Check this out:

I wanted to do something with my old white pick guard while I made a decision about a new pickguard. Had some carbon fiber vinyl wrap and here's the result!

Quote by slapsymcdougal

looks awesome. I knew a guy with a CNC machine who was gonna make a guitar out of carbon fiber but never did.
I painted the pickup covers and a few other parts black. It looks absolutely stellar. Will finish up the wiring and post for everyone to see.
Quote by slapsymcdougal

looks ok (not what I would have done but its not my guitar) ... very jake e lee "the last time"
Love that look! Looking forward to seeing the full thing.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by sytharnia1560
looks ok (not what I would have done but its not my guitar) ... very jake e lee "the last time"

Yep, I had doubts about it too. The only reason I did it is because I had that old pickguard lying around. The carbon fiber isn't pitch black so it looks really odd by itself. Black hardware makes it looks a bit better.
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Looks pretty good, I like it. I was going to suggest looking around for something like my Squier Strat has, I found it in a vintage guitar shop in north Louisiana...

strat6 by Paleo Pete, on Flickr

He had several different ones, and one that was perfect for a black guitar that a friend got for his. I wanted it for this Strat but it just didn't match as well as the one I decided on in that picture.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Quote by shawnkenneth
Check this out:

I wanted to do something with my old white pick guard while I made a decision about a new pickguard. Had some carbon fiber vinyl wrap and here's the result!

I think that looks great, a really nice contrast of colour and texture that highlights both the wood and the guard.
Hey guys, finally done with the project. I actually finished it long back but haven't had time to put it up here. These shots are from a while back. The strings haven't been put on yet and I wanted to do a wiring mod so I haven't screwed on the pickguard.

But I'm very happy with how it's turned out, especially the visual aspect of it.

Quote by slapsymcdougal

Last edited by shawnkenneth at May 30, 2015,