Last edited by josonmj at Jan 26, 2015,
Yep. I'm pretty sure you are right about the fretboard being rosewood.

It's only a guess but I think the rest of the guitar is made of blue wood.
Quote by Garthman

Now what makes you think that?

But is it impossible to guess the wood from these pics? Or from any pics? I thought pics inside the sound hole would help...

Would a recording of the sound help?
Not possible to tell from the data given.... It's blue, my friend. Go to the manufacturer's website and look up the specs. Your pics don't even tell us what brand or model you've got there.
Quote by Garthman

hahahahahahaha

i'm not too well up on acoustics, but the fretboard looks like rosewood, yeah. Not sure what the back (that you can see through the soundhole) is but it's pretty light-coloured and doesn't seem to have much grain- I'm guessing that'd suggest it's not mahogany or rosewood.

maybe basswood? is that even used on cheaper acoustics? I think I've seen that occasionally, but I could well be wrong (I'm (much) more an electric player than acoustic).

take all of that with a pinch of salt.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well that model number doesn't exist on the brand's website, and a straight google search for it yields absolutely nothing. So, probably safe to guess that the woods used were.... cheap.
Hey, I already bought it a year ago. It's pretty cheap, around 145$. Has a pretty decent tone according to me... But then I am a really bad judge at this stuff.
OK, rosewood is almost a slam dunk for acoustic guitar finger boards. Ebony being pretty much the sole exception and in limited models.

Indian rosewood is pretty much all that's available, since Brazilian rosewood is almost nonexistent these days.

The link provided by derek8520, gives some clues. If this were one of the maker's more upscale guitars, they most likely never would have painted it, as the wood grains in their Tao and zebra wood are the most important selling points.

Their lower end offerings are laminated spruce top, with agathis back & sides. This is most likely the case with this guitar. The lower end necks are, "nato", which is fashionable to try and pass off as African mahogany. Here again, real mahogany comes from Honduras, and you're liable to get shot trying to cut one of those trees down.

I tried searching the actual model number unsuccessfully.

It's fair to say though, when the manufacturer starts plastering the term, "professional", on the serial number sticker, they're probably lying about that. Sorry to be the bearer of, (IMO), bad news.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jan 27, 2015,
Don't worry I was fully aware that no professional guitar comes for 145$ when I bought this haha