I've read the sticky about what interface to buy.
I want to get myself an Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 or Focusrite Scarlett 2i4.

I just have 1 question. is it possible to record directly from an amp on the distorion channel, using a cable (so not using a mic) to these interfaces without the sound being weird?

I'm sorry if this is already answered in 1 of the sticky's, but I have skimmed through them rather fast and couldn't find anything about it.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Consider the mackie onyx blackjack, the roland UR22 and the steinberg duo capture EX.

You can't record from the speaker out, you'll **** the interface and the amp's power section.
You can record from the fx loop out but you'll have to use a cab simulator, and the sound will not be the same as the one you get from the amp.

If you have the spider alone, read the amp sims sticky and use amp sims.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Consider the mackie onyx blackjack, the roland UR22 and the steinberg duo capture EX.

You can't record from the speaker out, you'll **** the interface and the amp's power section.
You can record from the fx loop out but you'll have to use a cab simulator, and the sound will not be the same as the one you get from the amp.

If you have the spider alone, read the amp sims sticky and use amp sims.

Using software it is then. Thanks for answering my question and recommending some other interfaces, I will definitly check them out!
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
I've read the sticky about what interface to buy.
I want to get myself an Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 or Focusrite Scarlett 2i4.

I just have 1 question. is it possible to record directly from an amp on the distorion channel, using a cable (so not using a mic) to these interfaces without the sound being weird?

I'm sorry if this is already answered in 1 of the sticky's, but I have skimmed through them rather fast and couldn't find anything about it.

If your amp has DI out or an FX loop, you're fine with the Scarlett 2i2. My band uses the 2i2 for mic'd and DI out guitar amp recording. DI for the bass amp, and we mic a clean amp and distorted amp for guitar.