Hey,
I have a very big problem: Today, I plugged my Blackstar ID15TVP in my PC. I saw that an upgrade of the amp was available, and I installed it. Since this "upgrade", the Delay does not work anymore. When I use the "tap" function, it changes nothing, I cant reduce the time before the repeat. And it's a very long time, so it's near impossible to play with it.

I think i'm not very clear. English isnt my 1st language, and i'm not able to find the right words to explain. Does anybody had the same problem ? TY for your answers
I don't own a that amp but you can reset it. At least you should be able to.
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
I can reset it. But i cant uninstall the upgrade. Btw, it's funny, but "upgrade" generally means that it will be better after it...
Quote by _tim*
I can reset it. But i cant uninstall the upgrade. Btw, it's funny, but "upgrade" generally means that it will be better after it...

I advise you to change your amp to something better. But if you can't then you should have a manual. Just uninstall the upgrades or whatever and then reset it. I have a Line 6 Spider that is now catching dust because I couldn't understand the damn thing, I played with the table amplifying the guitar sound.
Fly on, fly on
Before the update, the amp was sounding great and was easy to use. Anyway I dont have the money to get another one.

The problem is there is no turning back. I guess I just have to wait until Blackstar developers fix the bug... if they fix it one day
Quote by _tim*
Before the update, the amp was sounding great and was easy to use. Anyway I dont have the money to get another one.

The problem is there is no turning back. I guess I just have to wait until Blackstar developers fix the bug... if they fix it one day

No turning back? There must be a way. Look on the Blackstar forums.
Fly on, fly on
I found no solution. I just found other users with the same problem.
If there are other people with the same problem, with any luck they might rectify it eventually. Have you tried emailing blackstar? Just to make sure they're aware of it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I will do it. But i wonder i they care about it or not... Because people are complaining since November 27th and nothing has been changed yet.
Quote by _tim*
I will do it. But i wonder i they care about it or not... Because people are complaining since November 27th and nothing has been changed yet.

Blackstars are liars, first with the HT's, now this. Just get a new amp when you can. Anyway, best of luck fixing the amp up.
Fly on, fly on
What went wrong with the HT's ?
The thing is, i chose this amp because it was the one that sounded best in my price range. Thanks, let's hope they will fix it
Quote by _tim*
What went wrong with the HT's ?
The thing is, i chose this amp because it was the one that sounded best in my price range. Thanks, let's hope they will fix it

Blackstar markets them as all tube when they are really hybrid.
Fly on, fly on
False marketing is common IMO... You just find it everywhere. I think the only reliable thing is your opinion on the product. Mine was good, but now that the effects are ****ed up, i dont know what to say
Quote by _tim*
False marketing is common IMO... You just find it everywhere.

Its excusable to lie if everybody's doing it?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Thats not my point. BTW it has nothing to do with my original problem
Quote by _tim*

My .311 cents, if you want it, is that if this has been
an issue since Nov 27 and you nor no one else has received
a response then that does play into Blackstar's trustworthiness.

Regarding the concept of lying - I don't see other big name
manufacturers in the amp business lying. This is solely a Blackstar
issue. Of course I'm not talking about some of the smaller
Boutique swindlers like Cameren, Blades, Vertex, etc.

Thanks,
Quote by _tim*

Well it is relevant because you did curiously ask why people have a lot of disdain for Blackstar here. You got your answer.

I don't really care if their amps sound good or not. There are dozens of brands that make great amps that don't resort to telling porkies about what their amps are and what they aren't. I hate it that manufacturers like them think they can get away with that shit. And the fact that Blackstar haven't done anything about such a crippling problem for quite a while is an embarrassment. People like you shouldn't have to put up with it.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 27, 2015,
Quote by _tim*
Hey,
I have a very big problem: Today, I plugged my Blackstar ID15TVP in my PC. I saw that an upgrade of the amp was available, and I installed it. Since this "upgrade", the Delay does not work anymore. When I use the "tap" function, it changes nothing, I cant reduce the time before the repeat. And it's a very long time, so it's near impossible to play with it.

I think i'm not very clear. English isnt my 1st language, and i'm not able to find the right words to explain. Does anybody had the same problem ? TY for your answers

If you really like the way it sounds, that's all that matters. Ignore the mooks who tell you to just replace it. Not everybody has the $$$ to just replace. Call them!

Contact Phone Numbers

General Calls: +44 (0)1604 817817
HR: +44 (0)1604 817814
Finance: +44 (0)1604 817811
Credit Control: +44 (0)1604 817812
Supply Chain: +44 (0)1604 817813
Service: +44 (0)1604 817815
Sales: +44 (0)1604 817816

If you're in the US, call Korg USA Customer Service:
Phone: (631) 390-6800
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm, EST

Then, fill up the contact form here: http://www.blackstaramps.com/support/contact.php

Good Luck!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
My .311 cents, if you want it, is that if this has been
an issue since Nov 27 and you nor no one else has received
a response then that does play into Blackstar's trustworthiness.

Regarding the concept of lying - I don't see other big name
manufacturers in the amp business lying. This is solely a Blackstar
issue. Of course I'm not talking about some of the smaller
Boutique swindlers like Cameren, Blades, Vertex, etc.

Thanks,

To be fair, blackstar isn't the only big company which is a bit cagey about products being all-tube or not.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks. Maybe i should try to call them. Even if I'm French and if I dont really know how to explain clearly the problem, at least I will have someone to talk to, and who knows, I might even get an answer to my problem. But i definately agree with you all, the way they're dealing with this problem is just ridiculous.
^ that really is your best option Tim - in most cases.

Quote by Dave_Mc
To be fair, blackstar isn't the only big company which is a bit cagey about products being all-tube or not.

For my education....which ones?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 28, 2015,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^ that really is your best option Tim - in most cases.

I've always considered the marketing jargon for the H&K Tubemeister amps a bit unethical. They pimp the "tube" portion really hard, without giving any real mention of the SS shenanigans going on in the rest of the amp.

It's not an outright lie, but it's a lie by omission, at least in my book.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Truthfully, H&K entered my mind when I asked Dave the question. I know he knows H&K better than I and I think he also owned/owns a Tubemeister.

My guess though, is that if you called H&K and asked - they would tell you the truth.

Tim - let us know what Blackstar says after you call please!
Quote by _tim*
thanks. Maybe i should try to call them. Even if I'm French and if I dont really know how to explain clearly the problem, at least I will have someone to talk to, and who knows, I might even get an answer to my problem. But i definately agree with you all, the way they're dealing with this problem is just ridiculous.

Your English is fine. It doesn't matter if it's for a low-end or high-end product, the company should provide customer support if the installation of an "update" causes the product to become non-functional.

I believe there's a Blackstar thread where a representative made a brief appearance, posted, then bailed. If you don't get a resolution, continue sending letters/emails, find out the executives of the company, and write to them, too.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Truthfully, H&K entered my mind when I asked Dave the question. I know he knows H&K better than I and I think he also owned/owns a Tubemeister.

My guess though, is that if you called H&K and asked - they would tell you the truth.

Tim - let us know what Blackstar says after you call please!

Yea, I believe it's H&K although to be fair, I own, like, and still use a bunch of them (TriAmp MK II, Duotone, Switchblade, and Warp X) and still on the look-out for an inexpensive Tubemeister 36. I'm aware these amps aren't popular in the UG but it doesn't matter.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Hughes and Kettner, as arby said- the old edition tubes (at least the schematic I found) had a lot of SS shenanigans too.

Marshall back with the jcm900 (talk to cath )

Peavey did it with the valveking's boost (admittedly, can be turned off) and one of the older ones which is mentioned in dave hunter's book... can't remember the name of it.

I suspect the engl gigmasters are too, considering how few preamp tubes they have.

I think even some of the mesas are sort of (technically) not quite all tube. The ones with the EQs, from what I hear, don't have it totally out of the circuit when it's switched off (and maybe some other ones too, I forget- someone on another forum pointed this out).

Even things where the loop and reverb etc. are ss-driven, if you can't take those things out of the circuit, you could probably (again, technically) claim they're not all-tube. Though nowhere near as egregious (IMO) instance of it as Blackstar and co (again IMO).

Probably they aren't the only ones. EDIT: genz benz el diablo. PI isn't tube (they claim it was transformer-driven? that's getting beyond my pay grade ) and I think the active EQ was ss-driven as well.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Nope I don't have any H&K stuff (and never have). Maybe you're thinking of ippon? EDIT: ah he posted above

I have a vague recollection of, when the tubemeisters were initially released, that someone emailed them to ask and H&K swore blind they were all-tube. I think the person posted on the forum (this is a few years back I guess- of course we only have his word to go on, but we only have H&K's word if they deny it so ).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 28, 2015,
Sooo. Today i called Blackstar. I spoke to a very nice guy, I explained him, the whole thing. After this, he told me: "Wait a minute, i'm gonna transfer you call to someone who might be able to help you." After 2 minutes, the same guy told me "Well, he's not here at the moment, give me your phone number and i'll call you when we know how to solve your problem".

That's what I did, and as expected, he didnt called me back. I think they will never call me back. So i have no answer. Should I try to use the amp's warranty where I bought it ?
Quote by _tim*
Sooo. Today i called Blackstar. I spoke to a very nice guy, I explained him, the whole thing. After this, he told me: "Wait a minute, i'm gonna transfer you call to someone who might be able to help you." After 2 minutes, the same guy told me "Well, he's not here at the moment, give me your phone number and i'll call you when we know how to solve your problem".

That's what I did, and as expected, he didnt called me back. I think they will never call me back. So i have no answer. Should I try to use the amp's warranty where I bought it ?

Yep. Send it back. No point in trusting Blackstar.

EDIT:We can help you get a new amp.
Fly on, fly on
I FINALLY GOT AN ANSWER !!!

"In the latest firmware update to the ID:Series we added the SWS feature to the ID:260 model and re-voiced some elements of the range. Some users may prefer the previous voicings, but the vast majority of ID:Series users have been very happy with it- it is always possible to amend your patches to adjust any differences to your previous sounds. We are always keen to make improvements to the amplifiers where possible, but unfortunately as tonal preference is subjective these improvements will not always satisfy every user- however after seeing some of these concerns on the forum we have put a system in place today to allow users that preferred previous firmware versions to download. Here is a link for you www.blackstarinsider.co.uk/previous-releases.php , if you do wish to downgrade the firmware please follow the instructions on the page carefully.

Hope this helps, if you have any further questions or require any help with this feel free to ask."

So i will downgrade my amp. I'm glad that they listened to me, and found a solution for the customers who preferred the previous versions of the amp. THX BLACKSTAR
Quote by _tim*
I'll call them again I think, 'cause the guy gave me his name. It could be fun to speak to him again and say "Hey mate, you forgot to call me or what ?" Then, i will ask seriously why they're not helping their customers.

(BTW check this out, some others are in the exact same situation =/ http://www.blackstaramps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4765)

How much did you pay?

Also, in the meantime list your budget, gear you own, and musical preferences. We'll try to help you(Me at least, since only I'm still not asleep).

EDIT: okay this is irrevelant now. Still sure you don't need a new amp?
Fly on, fly on
Last edited by Fryderyczek at Jan 30, 2015,
I paid 250€ for this amp. 80% of you will disagree, but it took me a long time to make this choice. This is what I need at the moment. I will have a better one in the future, but now, I dont need a new amp. Which is a good thing, 'cause i'm at college, and I dont have enough money for a new one. TY for you help dude
Quote by _tim*
I paid 250€ for this amp. 80% of you will disagree, but it took me a long time to make this choice. This is what I need at the moment. I will have a better one in the future, but now, I dont need a new amp. Which is a good thing, 'cause i'm at college, and I dont have enough money for a new one. TY for you help dude

No problem man. If you like it, that's all that matters.
Fly on, fly on
Quote by _tim*

"In the latest firmware update to the ID:Series we added the SWS feature to the ID:260 model and re-voiced some elements of the range. Some users may prefer the previous voicings, but the vast majority of ID:Series users have been very happy with it- it is always possible to amend your patches to adjust any differences to your previous sounds. We are always keen to make improvements to the amplifiers where possible, but unfortunately as tonal preference is subjective these improvements will not always satisfy every user- however after seeing some of these concerns on the forum we have put a system in place today to allow users that preferred previous firmware versions to download. Here is a link for you www.blackstarinsider.co.uk/previous-releases.php , if you do wish to downgrade the firmware please follow the instructions on the page carefully.

Hope this helps, if you have any further questions or require any help with this feel free to ask."

So i will downgrade my amp. I'm glad that they listened to me, and found a solution for the customers who preferred the previous versions of the amp. THX BLACKSTAR

excellent, glad you got it sorted
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by _tim*

Awesome!