Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and new to guitar. I want to get into playing some blues and just bought a used Boss Blues Driver BD-2. I don't know anything other than what I have seen on youtube. I have hooked it up and I don't seem to be getting any distortion. When I turn up the gain it just seems to increase the volume. Is this supposed to happen? I am using a Peavey Studio Pro 112 and a telecaster. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks
No, I don't have it up very high. I kept it down because when I turned on the pedal it was really loud. It seems to me that the volume and the gain knob go the same thing.
to boost volume dimed, gain zero.

you almost* ALWAYS want to keep the guitar volume up for a base tone, there are times to roll it back though.

if you want distortion, turn the gain up with the volume lower.

*people nit pick things, but its most typical most people leave the volume on the guitar all the way up.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Its an overdrive (as opposed to distortion) and you have a single coil guitar, you're gonna have to search for a "sweet spot" but I assure you they are there. Max the volume on your guitar, turn your amp gain enough to give you a lil bit of dirt, kick on the pedal with all knobs at noon. If you want more gain less volume or vice versa, adjust the knobs accordingly, adjust tone to preference. I used a bd2 with a Fender Princeton Chorus for years, I usually had all the knobs around 1o'clock but it'll be different with a different amp. Don't worry, you'll figure it out, and imo, the BD2 is a damn fine dirt box to put in front of a solid state amp.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
As has been said, keep your volume on your guitar at full to start.If you wantto adjust how loud you are, do it at the amp.
[404]Signature not found
^ yeah. at least until you figure out how to use it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?