I need a sexy handsome new room mate and need some advice.

Budget $450-640

My main choice so far is an Ibanez iron label S series (the one with dimarzios), but I'm also looking at jackson's dinky series and ltd's mh/h. I'm also open to other suggestions. I live in the Philippines and it's a bit difficult to find quality 2nd hand and other guitar brands like Schecter.

Playstyle : Metal.
Hardware : I do play a good amount of rhythm, but I'm also concerned about dynamics, so emgs are a bit of a turn off. I want some versatility. However, I've heard some famous guitarists make them sound great (but they have fancy gear too), so I don't think I should be so judgy. Advice here please on active/passive hardware when on budget.
Fretboard wood : I would prefer ebony, but I also like rosewood. I don't think I like the maple finishes/feeling.
Neck : The somewhat thin ibby neck is appealing to me, and also the mh.
Aesthetics : MUST have a plain black finish. I would prefer matte.
Weight : I'm frail, short, and have a female frame so.. I don't handle weight well. Nothing heavy.
Bridge : Leaning towards floating, but it's not so definitive if I find a good model.
Amp : Uh, I don't have a decent one (yet). Also saving up for one. I mostly play through my Line 6 pod.
Last edited by reliqua at Jan 27, 2015,
For light guitars with a great neck, either with fixed bridge or tremolo: Jackson X-Series Warrior, King V or Rhoads especially. They have rosewood and EMGs though. The Rhoads is probably a bit more expensive.

For ebony + Duncan Designed Blackouts + Floyd Rose: check out the BC Rich Warlock NJ or BC Rich Villain Veil. Blackouts are active and the go-to alternative to EMGs. These are affordable guitars and have terrific specs for the price, the Warlock in particular.

There are probably also some Agile models with Blackouts and Ebony around price range.
Last edited by dthmtl3 at Jan 27, 2015,
Quote by reliqua
I need a sexy handsome new room mate and need some advice.

Budget $450-640

My main choice so far is an Ibanez iron label (the one with dimarzios), but I'm also looking at jackson's dinky series and ltd's mh/h.

I would go with the iron label, ive played a few and they are pretty awesome, i prefer the ibanez trem over the jacksons. The LTD m330r is great also, but i would go with the Ibanez. I just got a washburn parallaxe and they are very high spec, floyd rose 1000 series, duncan distortion and a jazz in the neck, the neck joint is amazing also, check those out. P.S you have great taste in music haha.
Last edited by sanjeeb12 at Jan 27, 2015,
Quote by sanjeeb12
I would go with the iron label, ive played a few and they are pretty awesome, i prefer the ibanez trem over the jacksons. The LTD m330r is great also, but i would go with the Ibanez. I just got a washburn parallaxe and they are very high spec, floyd rose 1000 series, duncan distortion and a jazz in the neck, the neck joint is amazing also, check those out. P.S you have great taste in music haha.

go with a used prestige 1550 or 1570. guitar center has them USED for $500-$550, and you would have extra for shipping.

the are better than the iron label, however the iron label would be my choice for what you are doing. i compared the jackson (same price w/EMG;s in black but can't remember what model) that was the same price (to the dollar) with the iron label and the iron label had better fretwork and better on the fine touches. beyond that is personal opinion. play. see what you can get in your hands to try.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
@dthmtl3 : I don't think I can order online, the shipping fees are quite bad. The last time I tried to order some shirts, despite having cheap shipping, the price doubled. The villain veil looks great and I do prefer blackouts to emg, but there are no bc rich dealers in the country.

@sanjeeb12 : Thanks for the feedback, I've heard other people say good stuff about it also. I think it's pretty cool too that they have their own tech.

@trashedlostfdup : There's quite a difference in the iron and dinky neck shape too, I have yet to try the dinky. I can probably find one in a mall somewhere. Thanks.
Look around to see if you can find any Fernandes/Burny guitars. Like Ibanez, they're a Japanese company that makes guitars in Japan and Korea. They aim most of their production at guitarists in harder genres, so many models have slender necks and hot pickups. I know they used to have dealers in the Phillipenes, but don't know of any currently.

http://www.fernandesguitars.com
www.fernandes.co.jp/products/fernandes_guitar/
http://www.fernandes.co.jp/products/burny_guitar/

Indonesia's Radix also aims for the harder genres:
http://radixguitars.com
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 27, 2015,
Have you searched on Ebay? There may be BC Rich dealers in nearby countries who will ship you a Villain Veil. I don't know maybe it'll show directly on Ebay how much shipping from the US or Europe would be if there's nothing else.
Ibanez for light weight and thin nec. while i do like BC Rich any model worth having will have a fat neck and be on the heavy side so i wouldn't recommend them for you.