So, I was actually gonna post this a few weeks ago but I found out there is a limit to the number of attachments you can have. This foiled my plan of ctrl+A upload spamming as I was too busy (read: lazy) to sort through and find the pieces worth listening to.

But since I have to individually select I thought I might as well hide my weaknesses and just upload the things that won't embarrass me. I'm not looking for feedback on anything, but history shows that if I don't complete a composition in a week then I will never get around to it. So the idea is maybe you'll hear an idea/melody/progression that you'll like.
EDIT: Actually the pieces I ended up picking are all complete lol

Anyway, here's a rundown on the pieces:

vitamin drip- Mid-December I binge watched a police drama called The Shield and that show pumped me up so hard that I ended up writing this piece to kind of emulate the feel. I'm actually super proud of this piece, as I've never tried anything like it but it still sounds pretty good.

thunder bum- no real backstory here. Kinda got an oppressive/imperial feel

the frozen sun- this was written with a wintery canyon scenery in mind, like the Parmina Rift. I really liked this until I realized I had stolen a central theme from FFXIII.

ovie- This was written alongside Vitamin Drip except I was listening to EXO's MAMA a lot so I ended up incorporating oppressive strings

inmpudence- not really anything special, just one of the many things I wrote to abuse my love of the clavinet as a purely bass instrument.

Well those descriptions aren't nearly as informative as I was hoping they'd be
Anyway, enjoy!
Attachments:
vitamin drip.gp5
thunderbum.gp5
thefrozensun.gp5
ovie.gp5
inmpudence.gp5
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
I'm playing wit her booty
in the back seat
M A D D E N
Maaan, I used to go to the Paramina rift just for the music...

Frozen sun's pretty awesome, no idea if it sounds like FFXIII, rofl.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
no idea if it sounds like FFXIII, rofl.

The melody is used in various pieces throughout the game but it mostly resembles this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge4wizrUEmc

And yeah, FFXII is under-appreciated in general but the OST is on a whole different level. Hitoshi Sakimoto is in my top 10 list of composers who I would love to study under for that soundtrack alone.

Thanks for listening!
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
in the back seat
M A D D E N
I was having such a nostalgia trip for XII that I considered getting an emulator for PC... my favourite part was always doing the hunters marks things, especially the weird ones like the purple dragon on a skyship.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
The amount of side quests/activities in XII were amazing. Marks, Espers, Rare Hunt Club; it was heaven for OCD completionists like me. I loved the atmosphere of the environments (especially the storyline Esper temples) and the gambit system as well. Easily my favorite non-childhoodnostaligiabiased FF.

I last played it in 2012, hoping to beat some of the optional bosses I didn't when it first came out. I realized this wasn't going to happen when it took me an hour and a half to beat Hell Wyrm If my laptop could run it I would totally play it on an emulator, but mine overheats using a PS1 emulator so....

edit: oh yeah, you're talking about Deathgaze. The setup for that fight was really cool but iirc he switched between physical/magical barriers and healed himself a lot and I hated him.
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
in the back seat
M A D D E N
Last edited by imspazzen at Jan 27, 2015,
Oh god yeah, I hated that on the End game bosses. Hell Wyrm was a cakewalk compared to most of them, his only issue was the ungodly amount of health and very occasional instant death beam. The constant 'damage type immunity' shields reaaaally threw me off, cuz then it meant pausing then tinkering the gambit system for 10 minutes for purely spells or whatever.

The most hated one for me was the Shadowseer, cuz you had to explore 3 entirely new levels of pitch black, ultra high level enemies with a billion status or instakill traps on the floor before you even reached the 1st of 4 bosses. ****in ridic. AND THEN THE ACTUAL FIGHT. 5 BOSSES AT ONCE, WTFFFFF.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Awww man I remember in that area there were those red headhunter guys with constant Bravery buffs that would do multi-hit combos and just annihilate my party. Then I had to bring in my reserve party led by a level 22 Penelo (lol) to try and escape so I could heal/revive. I don't remember the actual boss(es) being too bad though. The esper in that area gave me a lot more trouble (and I think he was storyline).

For me, the 2nd Gilgamesh fight and Ultima were the hardest. But I only ever took off like 1 of Yiazmat's 50 hp bars and never even attempted Omega Weapon so I imagine they would've been worse.
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
in the back seat
M A D D E N
I got round to doing Yiazmat. Took like, 3 hours, rofll.....

Frickin raidboss. He's honestly not toooo terrible to deal with, I never had a teamwipe but when he gets to like, 10mil HP, he brings out instant death attacks every 5th attack or so, it drew the battle out cuz of the millions of casting animations that my characters had to keep pulling off. The other thing I'd recommend is not use Renew when fighting him, cuz he casts reflectga constantly and it fully heals him. It happened once and I raged so hard.

Omega's probably the most cheap boss... much lower health that the others, but his attacks always do either fully half health or instant death.

Actually the one I had the most trouble with was Zodiark cuz he killed my entire party multiple times. I had to restart that fight like, at least 10 times. However, when you summon him and he does his special, its just the most beautiful work of animation I've seen.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Zodiark went down pretty easy for me. I had a bait character take his initial Darkja(?) and then I swapped in my katana brigade (Basch, Vaan, Balthier) and they took down a 1/3 of his hp before he could get in his next attack. But I do have memories of some type of status effect he caused really ****ing me up because I didn't have enough of a certain accessory to block it.

FFXII pushed PS2's graphics to the max; I remember being in awe when I saw Vaan's final quickening (the one with the fire sphere). I was too conservative to use espers so whenever I obtained one I would take it to a low level area like Giza Plains so I could see it's attacks

It's nice to know other people liked that game as much as I did
i see your girl
G A Y
she leavin wit me

F O R
in the back seat
M A D D E N
Ye bro Actually been listening to a lot of the OST and some musical ideas are flowing around, u kno wut ah mean.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak