Post all of your strange guitar chords here. By "bizarre" I'm referring to dissonant or pleasingly unpleasant to the ear, but this is not necessarily a rule: this forum is also for difficult-to-play but pleasant sounding chords. Also, post if you need help identifying a strange chord.

One of my favorites is this one that I figured out:

4 0 4 0 6 0

I wouldn't really call this a chord, although theoretically it is, but I would call it a cluster tone. If anyone knows what to call it as a chord, then please do post. It contains six successive notes all played at the same time: E (open 1st), F (6th fret of the 2nd), F# (4th fret of the 4th), G (open 3rd), G# (4th fret of the 6th), and A (open 5th).
Last edited by Zekkry at Jan 30, 2015,
8 0 10 9 0 10

This one is actually very pretty, but it is a pretty difficult to find chord shape, I found it when placing my fingers in totally random places.
There's no such thing as "unique chords" - they've already all been discovered and we already have a convention for naming any chord. We don't need a thread for them as we already have a "Name that chord" thread in Musician Talk, however I'll move this to MT as they'll be able to give you some pointers on naming the two chords you've posted.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Zekkry
: this forum is also for difficult-to-play but pleasant sounding chords.
Play each bracket twice.
Left hand fingerings follow preceding brackets.
I=index, M=middle, R=ring, L=little finger.
e||---------| |---------| |------------| |------------| |
B||-4-------|M|-6-------|L|-11---------|L|-[B][color="Red"]11[/COLOR][/B]---------|[B]L[/B]|
G||-5---5---|L|-5---5---|R|-8----------|I|-[B][color="Red"]10[/COLOR][/B]---------|[B]R[/B]|
D||---5---5-|R|---5---5-|M|-8-----8----|I|-[B][color="Red"]8[/COLOR][/B]-----[B][color="Red"]8[/COLOR][/B]----|[B]I[/B]|
A||-3-------|I|---------| |----10---10-|M|----[B][color="Red"]10[/COLOR][/B]---[B][color="Red"]10[/COLOR][/B]-|[B]M[/B]|
E||---------| |-4-------|I|-11---------|R|-[B][color="Red"]10[/COLOR][/B]---------|[B]M[/B]|
".... eh ...eh ...eh" !!
Last edited by tonibet72 at Jan 30, 2015,