Whats up guys,

I was wondering if there are any hardcore Pantera fans on here who could possibly help me. I want to start learning his style, but my solo techniques need a lot of improvement (my left hand is fine, its speed picking that im having some issues with).

Can anybody list a handful of their songs from easiest to hardest (in their opinion) which I can learn to jam to, it would be nice to have a few solo-less songs in there too (if he has any?)

Cheers!
Gear:

- Amplitube 3, Guitar Rig 5 Pro, FL Studio 10
- Dean "Dimebag" Razorback DB
- Charvel DS2 ST
- Epiphone Explorer Korina 1958
- Jackson DK2 Hotrod Signature
- Dunlop Tortex .88mm Jazz Picks
- D'Addario XL 10-46
Dimebag was a highly skilled player and won several best player awards.

It sounds like you need to brush up on your skills.

As I have said before and will always recommend is Speed Mechanics by Troy Stetina.

Ad that book to your Pantera practice and you will notice the results becoming what you are looking for. SM covers all and it is a book you must have if you have even the slightest desire for highly skilled playing such as Dime, Yngwie etc.

I know personally as it works for me to. That is how I know and feel strongly about it.

There are so many videos and forums that you can keep searching and never find the answer. You need the actual skills and SM is still the best book to learn it from.
Quote by anders.jorgense
Dimebag was a highly skilled player and won several best player awards.

It sounds like you need to brush up on your skills.

As I have said before and will always recommend is Speed Mechanics by Troy Stetina.

Ad that book to your Pantera practice and you will notice the results becoming what you are looking for. SM covers all and it is a book you must have if you have even the slightest desire for highly skilled playing such as Dime, Yngwie etc.

I know personally as it works for me to. That is how I know and feel strongly about it.

There are so many videos and forums that you can keep searching and never find the answer. You need the actual skills and SM is still the best book to learn it from.

Thanks very much for your recommendation, I will get online now and try to get a copy from amazon hopefully.

Yes, anything that has helped anybody reach a new plateau in their picking technique, I would love to know about it. I mean im literally prepared to give up the fun of learning songs on guitar for a year or 2, to settle only for practice routine if it really works. I would just love to play the notes and sounds, that I can very clearly hear in my head
Gear:

- Amplitube 3, Guitar Rig 5 Pro, FL Studio 10
- Dean "Dimebag" Razorback DB
- Charvel DS2 ST
- Epiphone Explorer Korina 1958
- Jackson DK2 Hotrod Signature
- Dunlop Tortex .88mm Jazz Picks
- D'Addario XL 10-46
Riffer Madness. It's a book containing all of his Guitar World columns plus it just breaks down his style. I got it, it's great
Well, you can call me crazy
You can call me wrong, 'cause
See I was born a liar, albatross
Fly on, fly on
Practice everything slowly and preferably with a metronome, and make sure that you are using your wrist to pick the notes, and that as little as possible of the pick makes contact with the string. And try to use minimal movement. Pay attention to what you do when you play: If you can't use your wrist, play slower; if you feel tense, try to relax.