Hey, sorry if this is the wrong sub-forum, I wasn't sure exactly where to put this. My guitar teacher asked to provide a list of simple acoustic guitar songs that I would then work on transcribing (a skill I am learning to develop).

The problem I am running into is, a lot of the music I listen to is more complex than I think I should start with on my transcribing journey. I listen to a lot of different jam bands and a lot of live music which is more difficult to begin with because there is a lot of improvisation.

Any ideas of some songs that I could work on? I was thinking maybe some Neil young stuff but I am not really sure so your advice would be appreciated.
Yes. I need to work on transcribing both chords and leads so I am looking for songs to start with, preferable acoustic guitar songs, although some electric songs will work as well.
Maybe Sugarland's "Stay"? There's only acoustic, voice, and organ.

Often, country and folk music (especially modern variants) would be decently simple to transcribe, the only tricky part could relate to vocal syncopation. (A band called Xanthochroid released a Wintersun cover a while ago - check it out if you're into that kind of thing!)

The same goes for a lot of top 40 music, if you want to change it to an acoustic setting. ("Uptown Funk"... debatable.)

If you were specifically asking about songs that include guitars:
- "Kids In America", Kim Wilde. Very 80's. Very Digimon memories.
- Lisa Miskovsky anything. Pop/Rock songwriter with credits for Backstreet Boys' song "Shape Of My Heart"
- Christian Contemporary Music sometimes has interesting riffs, and their chord progressions are rather simple. "Until the Whole World Hears" is alright, not too hard.

I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I hope this helps!

Once you're okay with easier stuff and probably intermediate stuff, consider Zaz' music. She's VERY French, but it's completely acoustic and would be really good ear training.