Just when I thought I've heard it all. Cobalt, titanium to what the M-steel ernie ball strings are made of a company literally has gold strings. A friends about done a custom bc rich warlock build and wanted it as gold as possible and so for a laugh I decided to google it.

would anyone ever buy / play with these. They are around 30$ on amazon american before shipping.
http://www.optima-strings.com/gold-strings-electric-guitar.php#p2
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Jan 27, 2015,
Quote by Tallwood13
Just when I thought I've heard it all. Cobalt, titanium to what the M-steel ernie ball strings are made of a company literally has gold strings. A friends about done a custom bc rich warlock build and wanted it as gold as possible and so for a laugh I decided to google it.

would anyone ever buy / play with these. They are around 30$ on amazon american before shipping.
http://www.optima-strings.com/gold-strings-electric-guitar.php#p2

That's misinformed advertising on their part. As soon as some of that gold begins to wear off (ala gold plated pickups), they'll corrode just like any other string. And if it's really 24k gold, it's going to wear off easily.
Wouldn't use them. Not only for the above reason with respect to wearing away but also that the gold is completely unnecessary to begin with.
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
OPTIMA GOLD STRINGS
have a much higher durability and are suitable for people allergic to nickel.

Unless of course your guitar is one of the 99% that has frets containing nickel, you're completely boned.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
If I could find them on sale I'd be willing to give them a shot just once. For me it's a non-issue, but I have a friend with the Acid Hands syndrome. He burns through strings every couple of weeks. If these things would actually hold up and do what they claim it may be worth it for him. But what are the chances of that happening, right?
I'll trade you these 2 shiny quarters for your one wrinkled dollar. Because 2 is more than 1 your getting the good deal.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'd have to try them at least once, but I'm pretty damn satisfied with cobalt.
..I was watching my death.
M-steel Ernie balls for your friend with the acidic fingers or stainless steel strings perhaps. Ernie Ball and a bunch of other companies have them.

anyone after a great site to buy strings from try this site
stringsandbeyond.com , for anyone outside of america it's free shipping on orders over 35$ I'm getting ready to do my 5th order. My local guitar shop long and mcquade (I'm in canada too) they are 6-7$ a pack after taxes so 3 packs are roughly 18$ and this site I can get the same brands for way less and buying in bulk at 3-4$ a pack with an order budget of around 100$ I'm saving a big pile of money.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Jan 30, 2015,
just, why? -_-
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Quote by Tallwood13
M-steel Ernie balls for your friend with the acidic fingers or stainless steel strings perhaps. Ernie Ball and a bunch of other companies have them.

Yeah I have to talk him into trying stainless. He's been through just about every coated string out there and doesn't like them so stainless is the next step.
Quote by poppameth
Yeah I have to talk him into trying stainless. He's been through just about every coated string out there and doesn't like them so stainless is the next step.

yeah stainless rule man ... I don't have acidic hands so strings tend to last a while anyway but I have had the same set of SS on one of my guitars for at least 2yrs and they still sound nice and bright
Dunlop Heavycore strings I had good luck with, want to try the "thick core" GHS strings I think they call them too. The M-steel strings are enticing but not the price tag.

The only thing I don't like about steel strings is the faster fret ware. But speaking of strings that take abuse heavycores the 10-48 set lasted a ton of abuse when I had this Warbeast NJ Deluxe BC Rich and tried a bunch of different actives and probably only broke one string ever with them. After 3-4 months worth of abuse where you see fret indentations I just tossed them.

right now trying out Vostok right now currently on all my project guitars and so forth.
Hmmm, interesting. Doubt I would buy them but I might try them if I got them cheap or free but its probably just a gimmick.
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3