I have the Digitech RP-155 which I use for compression, EQ, noise gate, whammy, delay, and reverb. It sounds decent, but I would like to have a pedal just for delay and reverb. I would limit the RP-155 to just the comp, EQ, noise gating, and whammy.

I imagine putting less of a load on the RP-155 and utilizing another pedal (with better delay/verb sounds ofc) for the delay/reverb would help my tone. I could potentially get another RP-155, but I want a specialized pedal with carefully voiced tones. I also plan to replace the RP-155 with individual stomps once I become rich and famous.

Is there any pedal that specializes in delay/reverb presets? I've looked into a few pedals like the Noisemaker Nebula, and as much as I like the tones, it does not have multiple presets available. I need to switch from presets as fast as possible, in one pedal. I could potentially buy multiple Nebulas (or other preset-less delay/reverb combos), but I would need 4 of each pedal for each preset. If there is a budget, but good sounding delay/reverb combo that I could buy 4 of within reason, I'd go for that. Different types of delay/reverb modulation (analog, digital, hall, spring, etc.) would be great, but analog and hall alone would work.

Those 4 presets are:

Delay-heavy: Using a very noticeable, quarter-note, medium trail delay, with a wash of reverb. For leads.

Reverb-heavy: Using a very vibrant, long trail reverb, with a wash of delay. For rhythm.

Pad: Incomprehensible amounts of vibrant delay and vibrant reverb set as a wash above dry signal. For emulating a synth backing pad and leads.

Echoplex: Echoplex-inspired delay, set to a quick time and short trail, modulated and vibrant with a quick-attack, soft trail reverb. For rhythm.

So for fun, no cash limit beyond reason for suggestions. I don't really want to get a whole new fx board, like the POD, I prefer physical stomps. Remember, I want to rid my board of multi-fx eventually.

Thanks for your help c:
Last edited by Will Lane at Jan 28, 2015,
Quote by Will Lane
I have the Digitech RP-155 which I use for compression, EQ, noise gate, whammy, delay, and reverb. It sounds decent, but I would like to have a pedal just for delay and reverb. I would limit the RP-155 to just the comp, EQ, noise gating, and whammy.

I imagine putting less of a load on the RP-155 and utilizing another pedal (with better delay/verb sounds ofc) for the delay/reverb would help my tone. I could potentially get another RP-155, but I want a specialized pedal with carefully voiced tones. I also plan to replace the RP-155 with individual stomps once I become rich and famous.

Is there any pedal that specializes in delay/reverb presets? I've looked into a few pedals like the Noisemaker Nebula, and as much as I like the tones, it does not have multiple presets available. I need to switch from presets as fast as possible, in one pedal. I could potentially buy multiple Nebulas (or other preset-less delay/reverb combos), but I would need 4 of each pedal for each preset. If there is a budget, but good sounding delay/reverb combo that I could buy 4 of within reason, I'd go for that. Different types of delay/reverb modulation (analog, digital, hall, spring, etc.) would be great, but analog and hall alone would work.

Those 4 presets are:

Delay-heavy: Using a very noticeable, quarter-note, medium trail delay, with a wash of reverb. For leads.

Reverb-heavy: Using a very vibrant, long trail reverb, with a wash of delay. For rhythm.

Pad: Incomprehensible amounts of vibrant delay and vibrant reverb set as a wash above dry signal. For emulating a synth backing pad and leads.

Echoplex: Echoplex-inspired delay, set to a quick time and short trail, modulated and vibrant with a quick-attack, soft trail reverb. For rhythm.

So for fun, no cash limit beyond reason for suggestions. I don't really want to get a whole new fx board, like the POD, I prefer physical stomps. Remember, I want to rid my board of multi-fx eventually.

Thanks for your help c:

without going digital you aren't really gonna get all that. you may have to go with 2 pedals as well if you want all that in pedal form. you may want to look at Strymon stuff but be warned they are rather expensive. perhaps a midi setup would be your best bet (yes I know that is multi-fx but it works for what you want)
It'll have to be a multieffect in order to have presets. Without that requirement, though:

Boss rv-3
Earthquaker devices dispatch master
Strymon el capistan

The el Capistan is a delay pedal, but it has a reall washy spring reverb added on that you can bring in. You can also buy a favorite switch an end up with two presets, one on the favorite switc and one that's just whatever the knobs are set to.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I have the Digitech RP255 and if the RP155 has the same Lexicon licensed reverb in it I don't know that you'll be doing much better than what you already have with another reverb pedal unless you spend a lot more. Actually I find the included Lexicon reverb in my RP255 to be one of the best sounding guitar reverbs I own (and I have a number of reverb pedals and rack units). I love the "liveliness" tone control on the reverb setting that brings out or cuts back the upper mids. It makes the Lexicon reverb sparkle.
You could check out the TC Electronic Flashback x4 and couple it with a Hall of Fame. You'd have to change your reverb as desired, but you can have up to 4 delay presets on the Flashback, I believe.

The NR-1 Nova Reverb could be another option. It allows presets.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
Last edited by nick.culliton at Jan 29, 2015,
Quote by diabolical
How about dump the Digitech, get an used HD500, Boss GT-10 of 100 and doing 4 cable method?
I did want to move away from multi-effects except for the delay and reverb combo. But now that I think about it, a POD or another multi-effects of good reputation would probably work best for me, although my board will be huge. It makes sense to spend $400 on a multi for multiple presets of at least reverb/delay I guess. Does the 4-cable method (effects loop n such) work with the POD HD500X? Could I use an amp sim from the POD with a tube amp? Does the POD work well with pedals stacked before (before amp) / after it (after the POD, in the effects loop with the POD)?
Last edited by Will Lane at Jan 30, 2015,
yes, the hd500x does work with the 4 cable method. And to clarify, the 4 cable method is guitar<cable 1>pod input. Send of effects loop on pod<cable 2>amp input. Send of amp effects loop<cable 3>Return of pod effects loop. Output of pod<cable 4>amp effects loop return. I guess it is technically using 4 cables to have pedals in the the loop of the pod, but that isn't what these guys are talking about. The benefit of the 4 cable method is your drives are in front of you amp. You can still use amp drive without anything being strange, and you get time based effects in the loop of the amp where some say they sound best.

The amp sim can be used into a tube amp, but the actual amp will probably sound better. the HD series does have preamp only models if you want to run into the effects loop return of a tube amp to just use its poweramp. That can sound pretty good. The effects on the HD series are really nice. I think it is up your ally.
Quote by Fryderyczek
Having a shitty amp and getting a distortion pedal is like putting a band aid on cancer

for music without words I help make: Listen Earth
Quote by ppunkrokMr
yes, the hd500x does work with the 4 cable method. And to clarify, the 4 cable method is guitar<cable 1>pod input. Send of effects loop on pod<cable 2>amp input. Send of amp effects loop<cable 3>Return of pod effects loop. Output of pod<cable 4>amp effects loop return. I guess it is technically using 4 cables to have pedals in the the loop of the pod, but that isn't what these guys are talking about. The benefit of the 4 cable method is your drives are in front of you amp. You can still use amp drive without anything being strange, and you get time based effects in the loop of the amp where some say they sound best.

The amp sim can be used into a tube amp, but the actual amp will probably sound better. the HD series does have preamp only models if you want to run into the effects loop return of a tube amp to just use its poweramp. That can sound pretty good. The effects on the HD series are really nice. I think it is up your ally.
Neat. Time to go back on my original word and work towards getting a POD.

Where would I place my distortion boxes at? After the guitar, before the POD? Or after the POD, before the amp?
Last edited by Will Lane at Jan 30, 2015,