On the opening UG site there is an advert which says:

Take your guitar skills to the next level
Start your own Tab Pro experience.

My opinion on that. This is how we simply make money with you, who believes in that what´s said above.

Why is that so? I mean, who makes tabs in Tab Pro? Well who is it?
Simply it´s nobody. If someone around here makes for example a good Guitar Pro 6 music-score and that particular version get´s the best rating. It simply goes into the Tab Pro archives and some or someone is making money out of this, simply on work who someone else has put his effort into. I mean, they don´t even verify those files and I know for myself puting GP6 files into Tab Pro causes some mistakes and let´s the score sound kind of fake.
Besides to say, that Tab Pro is simply just crap. It sounds not even close to something called music. So do the work how it should be done, put on your records and open your own ears what notes are to be played and especially how they are to be played.

Best thing to do to learn and get into the universal language of music.
yeah they didn't make the tabs, but they made the platform everyone wants to post their tabs on. they made the app so you can carry them along to jamsessions and stuff. they hire the servers needed to have enough storage for the millions of tabs. they host the site, they have to pay the people who work on the site and the apps....

so no, they didn't make the tabs. they made everything you need to use them. if you don't want to pay for that, there's other sites and apps you could use.

and if you are so fuzzed about the 2 lines they use on their own site to sell their stuff, then how mad are you at every commercial between TV-shows, or ads on the internet?
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf

Ha ha... just the first answer I have expected, great. No, for my self, I don´t use any tabs here. I posted some good ones in GP6 on this site. Sorrry but you simply didn´t really get what I was talking about.
Last edited by Lewah69 at Jan 28, 2015,
Learning methods aside (by ear, by tab) I have actually seen a tab pro file that wasn't listed as a guitar pro one so someone IS making these tabs. Despite my early thoughts of the same opinion that they were merely copying over successful GP tabs.

As BjarnedeGraaf so rightly put it, they've simply made a platform that can be brought along to jam sessions on someone's phone - a market GP should've already jumped onto and maybe will sometime. It's just another app. Yes it makes money, that's business, people put a lot of effort into designing these products and deserve to be rewarded for their work quite frankly.
*shrugs* I don't know...
Quote by Lewah69
Ha ha... just the first answer I have expected, great. No, for my self, I don´t use any tabs here. I posted some good ones in GP6 on this site. Sorrry but you simply didn´t really get what I was talking about.

We do, you're posting about how you're a neckbeard who looks down on people who don't have the time or the inclination to learn by ear.
Quote by Jaykib
Yes it makes money, that's business, people put a lot of effort into designing these products and deserve to be rewarded for their work quite frankly.

Oh gosh! The whole point is, that they don't even do the their bloody job in a decent way, just simply quick money business. From about 12 Guitar Pro 6 full music-scores that I have uploaded, 11 automatically were picked out, converted for Tab Pro and guess what? Just holy crap, a lot of lack can be found. Some instruments are an octave lower, shitty sounds and even lack in tempo changes etc. I would never pay any penny for that. Yeah! I hear them "Tab Pro makes you be a pro", what a nonsense, who anyway uses that crappy program.

I posted UG that it´s not ok for me as a contributor that they just take my work, which was originally scored on GP6 and was also for people to download them for free, now converted into Tab Pro which causes a lot of mistakes and also let people pay for that trash. If so then they should verify these files correctly before putting them into the Pro Tab archives, that´s the point. But UG just deleted my post, no reaction, no nothing. Well, guess I´m just right. Just easy money makers. When I started here there was no Tab Pro, people/contributors uploaded tabs for other people to download them for free, point. UG makes enough money just with advert deals etc. just like facebook rubbish.
jfc stop posting these threads in the pit no one cares about guitar tabs you nerd

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
If you have a complaint to make or a suggestion for the site, please contact a site admin (red usernames) or post in the appropriate forum (Site Suggestions etc.).
Hey, look. Sigs are back.