Famous niche hipster PR 5 Site w/ 168,648 uniques/mo making $1,300/mo w/ no work

Well-established site that has gone inactive but still generates traffic. Quality inbound links from NYTimes, Gawker, Wired, & more. Great opportunity to take brand and rebuild audience.

Overview

Well-established site with an extremely deep pool of original content that has gone inactive but still generates traffic and revenue plus twitter account with approximately 100k followers.

Great opportunity to take brand and rebuild audience. Carles got bored and we never got around to doing anything new with the site but the persistent organic traffic and revenue has really surprised us and speaks to an opportunity for someone else. The brand has some tangible value as well and we used to do a brisk business in t-shirts.

These traffic and revenue numbers are not at all reflective of performance before Carles stopped blogging in November 2013. This is after 13 months of inactivity. Happy to share the previous details. Operating costs are down to just above $100 per month beginning in January 2015.

We have had some great media coverage and name recognition over the years and that supports our deep SEO position.

Checkout

Site Description

Deep well of content has been used to generate advertising revenue as well as well t-shirts and promote events.

Business Model

For the last two years, the only revenue has been from advertising.

Monetization

Advertising, product sales in the past.

Time Requirement

No time required to run site as is - we have deep SEO (organic) that generates ongoing content despite new traffic. Two hours a day could really increase this.

Marketing

All organic, lots of Twitter and some Facebook. Very strong commenter community at its peak.

What is being included in the sale?

Domains, TONS of content (look at the archives), facebook and twitter accounts with many followers.

Challenges

Editorial team is bored of posting and someone needs to write a post or two each day to rejuvenate traffic. We are both too busy to bother with hiring and managing someone.

Future Opportunities

Lots of opportunities to monetize the existing content more aggressively including product sales.

Why the business is being sold?

Boredom / other interests.

Post Sale

I will provide 1-3 months of post-sale support & training in order to ensure that the buyer is able to fully take over the business and its operations.

Sampling of Media Coverage
>well known
>hipster

I smell a conspiracy.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
That feel when 3 people I know already Facebook-liked that site.

So depress, very upset.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by EpiExplorer
That feel when 3 people I know already Facebook-liked that site.

So depress, very upset.

You poor bastard.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
woooow, this actually makes me sad. hopefully Carles is making something of his life, because I really think he could have taken this thing pretty far.
Don't know what this is, also don't care enough to read all of that. No advertising.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.