Hi.

So, after i finaly got myself an eq pedal, i managed to complete my pedalboard (for now...).But now i have the eq and delay tied into the effects loop and the others in front of the amp, which means i have 4 cables runing in and out of the board. Do you guys have any tricks and tips on how to manage those, because the floors in our practice space are cluttered as hell, and having a bunch of winding cables there doesnt help at all. I have my patch cables pretty short, and i simply taped the ones that are to long on the bottom of the board. Te only problem are now this pesky 4 long cables.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Zip tie the 3 cables that go to the amp together and label the plugs so you know which is which.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah, this is what i had in mind. I just hoped there was a more elegant solution that i havent thought of.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by Cathbard
Zip tie the 3 cables that go to the amp together and label the plugs so you know which is which.

This. I did it and it works nice.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Well the most elegant solution is probably to use shrink wrap but zip ties work just as well. Differently coloured shrink wrap over the plugs is a good way to label them though. It's pretty cheap.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
or colored zipties on the cable end and cut them off. just like a tiny tag of color on them. most of my cables have this.

cables are pesky and will always be on way or another.

but as stated tie the three together with zipties.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
zipties just seem so permanent

i use thick velrco strip wraps.

get a little nib cuter type thing and the will be off the whole cable in a few minutes.

i hate Velcro.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
having both zip-tied and velcro-strapped my cables together, i say go for the velcro. the zip-ties dig into your cable, and also are irritating as hell when they knock your fingers when coiling the cables up.
Get one of those cable tidy spring looking things.
Like this: http://www.electricaltradedirect.co.uk/product_images/h/034/Cable_Tidy_large_black__08609_zoom.jpg

You can find them in pound shops in the UK.

Also build a little junction box to keep your board extra neat.
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
For performances, I gather all 3 of my cables (ignoring guitar input cable) into a single row and tape them down all the way to the amp. For at-home use, velcro straps or that think Loki Lulamen suggested would work.
'If you are kinda handy with a soldering iron, you could buy some cable in bulk (50' -75' ) and cut one piece to reach from your board to the amp. Put tips on and plug in. Then measure the other 2 to fit to loop jacks with little slack to that they match the other cable. Solder tips to each and get a long sleeve of shrink tubing. Take a hair dryer to it and boom, you have a 3 cable snake that is perfect for your needs. Label each cable with color coded short shrink wrap sleeves so you know exactly which cable goes where. Makes setup and tear down faster too.
Quote by Fryderyczek
Having a shitty amp and getting a distortion pedal is like putting a band aid on cancer

for music without words I help make: Listen Earth
I use these things and they work great. You can grab them at any big building center. They also sell them at music stores but charge a ton.

(Invalid img)