Anyone here have any experience with Deusenburg guitars? I couldn't find any user reviews here at UG!

This one is called "Outlaw" and it's definitely on my gas list!

I really dig all of the Art Deco touches!

The attention too detail is impressive..

Joe Walsh, Glenn Frey, ZZ Top, Tom Petty, Sir Paul McCartney to name a few artists who play them I first saw Joe Walsh playing several models of them on Guitar Center Sessions then researched them. The Are pretty high end starting around $3000 give or take.

Duesenberg is a brand for electric string instruments founded in 1986 located in Hannover, Germany but also has a branch in Fullerton California, here is a link to Dusenberg USA if anyone wants to check out the specs or other models:

http://www.duesenbergusa.com/guitars/outlaw/index.html#
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Very well made, every detail thought out, great construction. I think most of them are terribly ugly, and they're all rather expensive, but the ones I've played have been excellent from a sound and feel perspective. Couldn't find a single fault in any of them besides the looks.

Sadly the only two I would consider buying haven't shown up at my local dealer yet so my wallet is safe so far.
They're a brand known for very nice, well-made guitars with art-deco touches. WYSIWYG.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'm with ya man, that's frickin' sexy! Its so gaudy, yet so classy looking. Lets see, if I start mowing lawns and shoveling driveways now...
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
I'm with ya man, that's frickin' sexy! Its so gaudy, yet so classy looking. Lets see, if I start mowing lawns and shoveling driveways now...

I here you on mowing lawns and shoveling driveways, I think the Duesenbergs look pretty awesome (several models anyway) but this will probably remain on my GAS list indefinitely.

I am a cheap ass that buys used mid grade guitars that I find cheap that are in excellent shape and then I mod them if need be, I play in my jam room at home pissing off my wife and occasionally and the neighbors rarely I will go to a former band mate's house for a tear and it's hard to justify paying several grand for an axe just to piss off my neighbors!

Oh well the Outlaw looks pretty badass IMO!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jan 28, 2015,
I have a starplayer TV, can't say enough good about the guitar. In my opinion (strong emphasis on MY OPINION) they are one of the best guitars out there. My guitar is beautiful, classic looking and sturdy... it is one of the best guitars on the planet. I have other guitars i like quite a bit as well (Strat Deluxe, jaguar, etc). Deusenberg is a very large step up.
- Disclaimer... again, this is my opinion and not shared by all those on the forum. I am not saying Strats and les pauls and all the other brands are not great guitars as well!
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
this is the one i have

Also here are 2 of my kittens
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by dannyalcatraz

Yeah I have done plenty of research and got all the specs I was just looking for a personal opinion form an owner or someone who has played one.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by zenbone
I have a starplayer TV, can't say enough good about the guitar. In my opinion (strong emphasis on MY OPINION) they are one of the best guitars out there. My guitar is beautiful, classic looking and sturdy... it is one of the best guitars on the planet. I have other guitars i like quite a bit as well (Strat Deluxe, jaguar, etc). Deusenberg is a very large step up.
- Disclaimer... again, this is my opinion and not shared by all those on the forum. I am not saying Strats and les pauls and all the other brands are not great guitars as well!

Thanks that is more or less what I've been looking for a personal endorsement, and from all I have read I was leaning toward your opinion of them I think the problem with most of the major brands is while they are able to stand on the tradition and reputation of their name they tend to take themselves and their customers for granted. Duesenburg seems like they still take pride in their craftsmanship something that is often lacking with the major manufacturers.

Anyway I really like the Starplayers especially the Outlaw I'd take one over a Les Paul any day.

I was wondering how the Dueseberg factory pickups sounded?

Your guitar looks beautiful and I like the kittens as well!
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jan 29, 2015,
I play it through a Fender Deluxe Reverb tube amp mostly, and from time to time through a portable old pignose. The pickups are really top notch, they offer a very nice variety when toggling through them. Crisp highs and very deep rough lows. I have not hit upon any setting that sounded muddy or muted to me. I would bet that they would sound good through tube or solid state alike.
- I do have to qualify that more often than not i leave guitars stock so generally speaking i am happy with what companies offer. I swap out pickups and hardware when restoring or working on more entry level stuff but for the most part any guitar ringing up over $700 i leave alone unless a part goes bad and needs replacement.
Quote by BlackVoid
Quote by zenbone
I play it through a Fender Deluxe Reverb tube amp mostly, and from time to time through a portable old pignose. The pickups are really top notch, they offer a very nice variety when toggling through them. Crisp highs and very deep rough lows. I have not hit upon any setting that sounded muddy or muted to me. I would bet that they would sound good through tube or solid state alike.
- I do have to qualify that more often than not i leave guitars stock so generally speaking i am happy with what companies offer. I swap out pickups and hardware when restoring or working on more entry level stuff but for the most part any guitar ringing up over $700 i leave alone unless a part goes bad and needs replacement.

Several of my guitars are in the $1000- $1200 range and were purchased used from musicians that I know for $250-$400 in mint or near mint condition that have been well taken care of and came with hard cases.

I have swapped pickups in a couple of them but they are mostly stock, I have replaced the licensed Floyd in a couple with an OFR, I play mostly through a Mesa Roadster 2X12 which is a great amp in my opinion.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge