Everything depends on the sounds you want to achieve and the money you wanna spend.

What sounds do you want to achieve and how much money do you want to spend?
Also what gear do you already have?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
Everything depends on the sounds you want to achieve and the money you wanna spend.

What sounds do you want to achieve and how much money do you want to spend?
Also what gear do you already have?
I have up to £350 to spend ,
I have a Pro co rat 2 , spark tc boost with - gain - bass -treble- level, I like to play Rock and metal and do solo and shredding . So far eveything is true by pass in my rig and I would like to add in a buffer or a pedal that is not true by pass to act as a buffer and what ever eles is does .
i recently bought a Jamman solo XT looper and am very happy with it. would highly recommend it but i have not tried many loopers to compare it to.
Tube screamer- Ibanez
delay- analogue or digital?
analogue- mxr carbon copy
digital - tc flashback, boss DD, hardwired dl8
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
If you want a plain tubescreamer, then go with a TS9. If you're looking for a tubescreamer in a more generic sense (overdrive) check out the Fulltone OCD, FD2, FD3, EHX Hot Tubes, Muff, Soul Food... options are literally endless. People on here seem pretty into the DigiTech Bad Monkey. You could also check out the Mooer Green Mile or Hustle Overdrive.

For delay, you also have also endless options. You can go with a Hardwire DL-8 which is a delay and looper, EHX Memory Toy/Boy, MXR Carbon Copy, Malekko 616 Ekko, TC Flashback (digital delay with MANY options).
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe RI
Schecter C-1 Artist II
1978 Music Man HD130
+ a bunch of neat pedals

screamy emo band
For a tubescreamer type pedal, check out the Digitech Bad Monkey - it's much cheaper than the Ibanez and sounds as good. It will leave more money in the budget for the other things you're thinking of buying.

Also, what amp do you have?
Quote by dazzzer30
Can anyone recommend a good looper, tubescreamer, delay, or other pedals for rock and metal?

C:

Looper: Digitech's Jamman or TC Electronics Ditto
Tubescreamer: Ibanez Tubesceamer, EHX Soul Food (has a buffer in it as well)
Delay: EHX Memory Man/Boy/Toy, Boss DD-7
The Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde is a nice OD/Dist pedal that incorporates a TubeScreamer design:
www.visualsound.net/jekyll-hyde/
http://www.guitarpedalshq.com/reviews/visual-sound-jekyll-and-hyde-overdrive-pedal-review/

They're @ $140 new, but can be had for as low as $70 used:
https://reverb.com/item/421966-visual-sound-jekyll-hyde-red?_aid=pla&pla=1&gclid=CNeo9ofjucMCFYQ5aQodWj0AtQ
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 29, 2015,
Tube Screamer: Green Rhino. Best tone sculpting I've had in a screamer, and I've tried a lot.
Delay: Boss DD-Whichever (6? 7? lost track, to be honest).
Bought my Green Rhino used, have had it for almost a year, and its still kicking.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
The Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde is a nice OD/Dist pedal that incorporates a TubeScreamer design:
www.visualsound.net/jekyll-hyde/
http://www.guitarpedalshq.com/reviews/visual-sound-jekyll-and-hyde-overdrive-pedal-review/

They're @ $140 new, but can be had for as low as $70 used:
https://reverb.com/item/421966-visual-sound-jekyll-hyde-red?_aid=pla&pla=1&gclid=CNeo9ofjucMCFYQ5aQodWj0AtQ

i was gonna say, thomann has a pretty decent price on the route 808, which is the tubescreamer side (the other VS pedals are dear in europe) and which has a nice buffer in there already. might be worth considering to sort of kill two birds with one stone.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/visual_sound_v2rt808.htm
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
As I recall, all of the VS combo pedals with an overdrive use the tubscreamer design.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

i like my jamman. TC uses shitty switches, that rules them out.
Timmy for an OD.
if you go analog for delay look into Malekko, i have the normal 616, and a 616 Lo-Fi. they SLAY the carbon copy.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by dannyalcatraz
As I recall, all of the VS combo pedals with an overdrive use the tubscreamer design.

one has a compressor and OD in it IIRC. that may be good.

i also really like the fulltone GT500. both OD and distortion.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
VS' discontinued Double Trouble is 2 TubeScreamers in one, so you can have them set differently.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 30, 2015,
Quote by dannyalcatraz

i thought the newest one used the open road (nobels odr1 cloneish i think) as the od side?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i thought the newest one used the open road (nobels odr1 cloneish i think) as the od side?

Which pedal- the VS-XO? Its a dual OD, so possibly.

http://visualsound.net/route-66-v3-series/ (my mistake, it's based on the garagetrain, not the open road I think the less middy od on the vs-ox is probably open road-based (and I'm guessing the other one in it is ts-based, from the description)).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I always forget that one.

yeah the older versions were just the tubescreamer combined with the compressor, weren't they?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sounds about right. I swear, I love my VS pedals. The only thing that bugs me is that their line- especially the combo pedals- is as limited as it is. I'd love to see them do some more, maybe unusual ones.

I mean...what about a OD/Chorus? (Devil's Choir?) Fuzz/RTG? (Primordial Chaos?) Whatever- I want to see MOAR!

The route 808 i have seems pretty good, but it's about the only one i've seen in europe at a half-decent price. For £50 a pop they're pretty nice. Problem is most of them (and that's the single ones) are closer to double that here in europe. the double ones are normally well over £100. That's pretty expensive compared to what they go for in the USA.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?