I had thought about this long before, and finally gave it a go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh8tCGi6AMQ

How to:
1. Exported both "guitar" MIDI tracks to separate wavs
2. Reamped through earphone output
3. Added some compressor with guitar preset
4. Added some reverb
5. 75% pan for the guitars

Any ideas how to make it sound better WITHOUT guitar VST:s? No? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Last edited by kyladie at Jan 29, 2015,
Quote by kyladie
Any ideas how to make it sound better WITHOUT guitar VST:s? No? Yeah, that's what I thought.

How about a real guitar? That doesn't come under VST guitars or perhaps give Kontakt a try
Last edited by AgelessStranger at Jan 29, 2015,
Either get better quality reamp option or midi synth that does better guitar emulation. I think it'll be better if you render internally to wav with clean guitar sound, then reamp the way file into guitar vsts, even free next like LePou.
Honestly, I think this sounds pretty badass.

Not realistic at all, but it sounds like a song that would've been in the original Doom games, except better

Those drums sound pretty cool, too. Never heard of that kit, but it sounds really great, especially for a free kit...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
That is lazy programming more than anything else.

Just think about how a guitar is played - are all the strings plucked at once with the same force?
Not really, they are strummed progressively with slightly decreasing force.

Are attack and release that tight?
Nope, they're much smoother, so ease up on that noise gate.

Though the way in which you're producing guitar sounds might not be ideal - if you aren't, switch to a sample library, 'cause guitar synths aren't anything to be excited about as a general rule.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by kyladie

Don't reamp it The stock general midi sounds better before being reamped, tbh.

Sounds pretty terrible. If you want to go this route you need something to produce better DI sounds from midi, like Shreddage or, as you mentioned, V-Metal.

Bottomline is: Use midi on your guitar pro sketches and play real guitar on the actual recording.
Last edited by xFilth at Jan 29, 2015,