Hello guitar slingers.
I have some questions i need help with and hope to get some here.
I am currently completely demotivated about playing guitar and i am kinda sad about it.
Does anyone of you experienced the same problem before?

I still have a passionate fire within me to perform, dream of playing for people, want to play the songs i get goosebumps from, but i am totally stuck.

I play the guitar for 5 years and yet i feel i got nowhere with it.
5 years ago started musical education at a music school as they call it here in belgium at age of 25. The first 3 years i had to take classical guitar lesson.
Now since about 2 years i play the electric seriously.
The problem is i know a lot of theory but i feel i don't play the guitar well.

I am also totally confused about what to learn or play on the guitar. So confused that i choose not to play and watch tv instead. Currently i am thinking about quitting music academy and proceed by myself. The thing i am scared of is i might quit completely and realy i would hate that.

Does anyone have an idea of how to get back into fun with guitar and get a feeling i am actually having some signs of improvement.

For example i know a bunch of scales, arpeggios, chords, etc but i am nog aboe to make some music with it. Also my improvising always sounds the same to me and totally not melodic.

What to do what to do 😟
Quote by Tom1984
Hello guitar slingers.
I have some questions i need help with and hope to get some here.
I am currently completely demotivated about playing guitar and i am kinda sad about it.
Does anyone of you experienced the same problem before?

I still have a passionate fire within me to perform, dream of playing for people, want to play the songs i get goosebumps from, but i am totally stuck.

I play the guitar for 5 years and yet i feel i got nowhere with it.
5 years ago started musical education at a music school as they call it here in belgium at age of 25. The first 3 years i had to take classical guitar lesson.
Now since about 2 years i play the electric seriously.
The problem is i know a lot of theory but i feel i don't play the guitar well.

I am also totally confused about what to learn or play on the guitar. So confused that i choose not to play and watch tv instead. Currently i am thinking about quitting music academy and proceed by myself. The thing i am scared of is i might quit completely and realy i would hate that.

Does anyone have an idea of how to get back into fun with guitar and get a feeling i am actually having some signs of improvement.

For example i know a bunch of scales, arpeggios, chords, etc but i am nog aboe to make some music with it. Also my improvising always sounds the same to me and totally not melodic.

What to do what to do 😟

nearly everyone here has thought about quitting guitar at some point.

Well, since you have a classical background including theory, you should have no problems when it comes to learning songs. If you don't know what to learn, go and learn any song you enjoy, even if it's really easy. You'll feel better because you're achieving what you want to achieve.

If you want to see how much improvement you've made, go and learn something really easy, until it is ABSOLUTELY perfect. Practice to the point where you can play without even thinking, then look at how long it took for you to learn that song. It would have taken longer when you were only just at the skill level needed to learn the song (top tip: you can learn a song at any level, but it might take a different amount of time to play the song fluently).

For improvisation, I suggest listening to guitarists you really like, picking things that they do in their playing, looking at a tab or working out how they did the lick, and working it into you're soloing somewhere, it slowly makes your soloing more diverse.
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Go out and buy Rocksmith 2014, put it on your TV or PC and play some great songs. It's a lot of fun, and it's hard to stop playing! Look into that and give it a try.
I have the piano background so it was easy for me . But I get stuck too sometimes. Try mixing things up a little or take some short breaks and don't think about it too much.
Just play what you hear.

Slav
I usually learn an easy song to get thr wheels rotating again. Something that won't take long to get down and jamm the **** outta it with the track. Also try watching videos of you favorite guitarist shredding to get some inspiration.
Some have friends....

... others have guitars....

Hey, it's uhh... 4:20....

Thought you'd like to know is all.

I am not here to make you laugh, I'm here to make you horny.