Opnions? Reviews? Possibly getting another guitar in the next two weeks and was debating between these two the alexi 600 or dean stealth dimebag model. This guitars main job will be metal playing with lots of tapping arrpeggio type stuff.....ive played both and remembered liking them but that was months if not years ago so what input do those of you that are familiar have?
Quote by romeozdistress

Inb4 Danny Alcatraz in 3...2...1

Edit: I currently own four Korean Deans and truthfully, they're the only company I've ever bought things online from that I haven't had a ton of issues out of the box with. It's all personal experience though
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
As someone that has done A LOT of guitar tech work.....DO NOT! BUY A DEAN! I have worked on everything from cheap-o crap Deans to USA handmades, and guess what? They have all sucked. Bad fret jobs, terrible tremolos, cheap hardware, cheap paint, cheap wood. Buy the Alexi, It will be 100X better!
Quote by JosephFeagin8
As someone that has done A LOT of guitar tech work.....DO NOT! BUY A DEAN! I have worked on everything from cheap-o crap Deans to USA handmades, and guess what? They have all sucked. Bad fret jobs, terrible tremolos, cheap hardware, cheap paint, cheap wood. Buy the Alexi, It will be 100X better!

That bad, huh? Riiiight...
Quote by dthmtl3
That bad, huh? Riiiight...

Deans typically are pretty poor. The cheap ones are awful, and that ones that aren't awful are overpriced.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by JosephFeagin8

I have a Dean MIK Split Tail and maybe I got lucky but the fret job is great nicely polished and leveled and smooth on the edges the neck and head binding is good as well, Grover tuners.

Mahogany set neck in a mahogany body and equipped with an OFR that stays in tune quite well the finish is flawless with the exception of one small nick (I bought it used they were around $1000 new and I paid $300) my only complaint was the Dean USA Timecapsule pickups were too dirty sounding. They were replaced with a JB/JM and now it screams. The JB is a hand wound custom shop I got for $20 from someone who didn't know what they had (I didn't either until I researched it). But other than the factory pups I have no complaints.

That said I had a Razorback and while I had no issues with the neck the electronics were total crap. The same goes for the Dean VX that was my son's guitar before he gave up, I switched all the pots, the jack and switch then loaded some Wilde Pickups L500XL's because everything was crap but it actually plays pretty good, but nothing to write home about it, I'm going give it to my grandson.

I'm thinking about getting an Alexi 600 myself as I know where I can get a great deal on one.
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jan 30, 2015,
i will never own a dean. period. i have played more than a few (even US) and i would never buy one. the are way better guitars for a fraction of the price.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Deans typically are pretty poor. The cheap ones are awful, and that ones that aren't awful are overpriced.

that is probably the most fair statement so far.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thanks for all the input guys. While were on topic are there any other similiqr guitars i should consider? Keeping it around 900 cheaper if possible abd used is fine
I would be more bent on non-signature LTD's and jackson and ibanez guitars. From what I've heard, the Jackson Kelly and Rhoads models as well as Ibanez Xiphos, Destroyer and Iceman models are very nice.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i will never own a dean. period. i have played more than a few (even US) and i would never buy one. the are way better guitars for a fraction of the price.

I'm just saying the Split Tail is on par with any of my MIJ Jacksons no quality issues whatsoever, it plays great and I got it cheap with OHSC, it's a keeper for sure!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Jan 30, 2015,
Quote by Fisheth24
Inb4 Danny Alcatraz in 3...2...1

Edit: I currently own four Korean Deans and truthfully, they're the only company I've ever bought things online from that I haven't had a ton of issues out of the box with. It's all personal experience though

LOL! Maybe we should be careful saying good things about our Dean guitars, sounds like we may get chased by an angry mob with pitchforks!
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

What about the esp arrow anyone have any experiences or opnions on that?
Quote by Evilnine
LOL! Maybe we should be careful saying good things about our Dean guitars, sounds like we may get chased by an angry mob with pitchforks!

well maybe the "pitch"forks will help your deans stay in tune . i've played a few Deans that i liked and thought were good guitars. none of them said Dime on them though.