I'm searching a new amp, but i don't know much about amps or any gear in particular. Currently own a Line6 Spider IV 30w (I know most people say it's a crappy amp, even the worst ever made but is what I have) and a Cort CR250 (copy of a LP). I most play classic rock, country, blues, hard rock and a little bit metal, stuff like that. My budget is around $200 max. Most for home practicing, i don't play in a band, maybe in the future, but would be great if i can use it to play in a gig or something like a garage band. The Fender Mustang series catch my attention, in specific the I or II but I'm nor sure.
Unless you want a lil tube amp like the Epiphone Valve Jr (which makes for a killer classic rock amp), I really don't think you're gonna get much of an upgrade with that budget. You wanna save up another $100-$200.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Lucky has the right idea. Save up some more and get a Tiny Terror or Blues Junior combo (kinda depends on what exactly you're trying to emulate). If you go used, your options will open up quite a bit.

Also, look into an OD pedal if you get one of the amps I listed above. That'll help you get the really raunchy classic rock parts sounding good.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Last edited by CullenT at Jan 30, 2015,
valve king 1x12" could probably be found in budget. they aren't the best but aren't too bad. just don't use the gain boost on the lead channel. a TS up front a dummy jack, and a cable through the FX loop and you are in business. if you are keen of modding, you can get some really sweet results.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by diabolical
Valveking or Classic 30, Vox ac15 or 30, Laney VC15, Blues Jr.

the only of them that could get under $200 is the valveking, not sure about laney. classic 30's run a tad above $250 around here, most around $300.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
not sure about budget. unless you go used like others have said, $200 range will only find you 3 or 4 amps. and even then theyre probably not gonna be that great. so for youre budget I cant help you.

but a good piece of advice that someone once told me -
look at what gear the players in that genre are using. that will give you a good idea as to what you should look for.
Peavey Windsor Studio, I had one for a while and it is like a bright JCM800. An I bought mine for $150 used from GC
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well, I think i can save $100 more, maybe $150. What can I find in that range of price. I never had the chance to use a valce amp, only SS, It's really too much better a valve amp por things like classic rock? Thanks for all your replies.

And for the record, the most common brands I can find where I live are Orange, Laney, Fender, Line6, Roland Cube, Behringer, Blackstar, Marshall, EVH, Mesa, VOX and Kustom
Last edited by legion501stup at Jan 30, 2015,
Certain valve amps are very good for classic rock, valve amps are about all they had back then.
But not all valve amps are good for certain types of music

A peavey classic 30 would be a good choice, but you would have to go used.

Are you in the USA?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Certain valve amps are very good for classic rock, valve amps are about all they had back then.
But not all valve amps are good for certain types of music

A peavey classic 30 would be a good choice, but you would have to go used.

Are you in the USA?

No, that's my problem, there are not much variety to choice. In local stores the must common amp is the Marshall MG and it's hard to find any other brand or even other models, so, I buy online, but that are my options, and no all the models of all the brands, unfortunately.
Well what country and the closest large city are you located?
This can help us find you deals in stores or your local classified add
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Well what country and the closest large city are you located?
This can help us find you deals in stores or your local classified add
It's gonna be hard but I'm from Mexico, I live in the south of the country. Don't know if there someone from around here but the largets city closest are Veracruz, Xalapa and maybe Villahermosa. I search en many places but no much options. Thanks for the help
Searching I found the Orange Micro, Tiny and Dual terror, is a good option for practice at home? Maybe can buy something like that and later buy a cabinet, but don't know if is a good option. Like I say, for now, it's more home.
Are there any online music stores in mexico you could link us to see pricing and inventory?

Some of the USA sites will ship to mexico like musicians friend, American musical, zzounds, music123
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by legion501stup
Searching I found the Orange Micro, Tiny and Dual terror, is a good option for practice at home? Maybe can buy something like that and later buy a cabinet, but don't know if is a good option. Like I say, for now, it's more home.

You will need a cab to use the tiny terror or the dual terror. The micro terror can be used with headphones and no speaker cab. but trying to use the other two without a cab will ruin them
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
You will need a cab to use the tiny terror or the dual terror. The micro terror can be used with headphones and no speaker cab. but trying to use the other two without a cab will ruin them

So micro terror is ready to plug and play? It's like what I'm looking for now, only for practicing but it looks good, and the tiny and dual are so much expensive than the micro
Quote by legion501stup
So micro terror is ready to plug and play? It's like what I'm looking for now, only for practicing but it looks good, and the tiny and dual are so much expensive than the micro

Well it has a headphone out, the other 2 do not. and the other 2 have tube power sections and OT(output transformers) and running a tube amp with no cab will ruin the OT. The Micro terror has a SS powersection and doesn't need to see a load/cab
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
What about the Epiphone Valve Jr? They're everywhere in the US. It's not gonna work with a full band but classic rock tone is what they do best. Mine has an RCA 12at7 and has the "master volume" mod (for more gain at lower volume). They're cheap and simple but they can sound sweet and drive a 4x12 if you've got one.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20