Hi,

I'm thinking about installing a Bigsby on my 2012 MIM Fender Telecaster.
Does anybody have any experience with this?
Are there any negative side effects concerning the sound?

Any info is welcome.

tnx,

Marthus
They make specific Bigsby's for Tele guitars, you'll want a rollerbridge for best results.

www.bigsby.com/vibe/products/vibratos/bigsby-b16/

You can get the B5 and a roller bridge also, the B16 is just specifically designed for tele's

There is also some similar style Vibrato's that are cheaper you might want to look at depending on your budget
http://www.guitarfetish.com/Xtrem-Vintage-Vibrato-System_c_373.html
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You'll need to replace the bridge. With some teles you can just get away with bolting on a B5 and messing with the saddles a bit, but the MIM bridge setup doesn't give you the right clearance over the back. Some people change out the saddles and cut the back of the bridge down, but it tends to look kind of junky and the stock bridge isn't fantastic anyway.

That Xtrem Tele combo from GFS would be perfect and has everything you should need. If you get the B16 you'll also need a TOM type bridge and studs/sleeves to replace the stock bridge.

Keep in mind that both of those systems use a TOM type bridge which sits higher off the body than the stock tele saddles. Plan to either recess the bridge or shim the neck to deal with the added string height. I'd suggest the neck shimming, as recessing the bridge is more complicated, might damage the finish, and could result in a poor string break angle over the bridge which is going to destroy your sustain.
I just put that roller bridge from Guitar Fetish on a friend's guitar a couple months ago. I was pretty impressed with it. I'd recommend it to someone looking for a more bolt-on solution.

If you're also pretty new to the whole bigsby thing, Vibramates make it pretty easy. The first one I installed was a Vibramate and overall it was pretty darn easy.

http://www.vibramate.com/vibramate-v5tev2-install.php

Basically just a bracket that's pre-made so you know where to mount it. Takes the margin of error out for your first go at it. That, and it's totally reversible if you ever decide you don't like the Bigsby.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Otherwise, if you're a cowboy on a budget, you can do this:

Fun little project I did for someone. They had a tailpiece and a 6-pack and asked me if I could make it work, so I did. Took about an hour of grinding and sanding. Not the best solution, but it's cheap!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
^ nice job with what you had to work with, but I just couldn't do it. It will cost less for a TOM and me to drill the stud holes and look better. If it was a personal guitar I'm cool with it. But I'd do everything I could to talk the owner out of that mod.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate