Lacto-Ovo Veggie (eggs & milk)
8 12%
Lacto Veggie (no eggs)
2 3%
Vegan
6 9%
Voters: 68.
Page 1 of 4
I was just wondering how many vegans there were on UG. I've been vegan as of Wednesday and feel so much better for it. Not only am I doing the animals a favour, I'm benefitting from it too, healthwise and mentally
Animals want inside of you, it's what makes them happiest.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

I'm coming up on a year of LO vegetarian. Haven't really had meat cravings at all. I think it was a great idea, forced me to cut my visits to shitty fast food joints and care more about cooking my own meals. I've lost 15 lbs since I started. My band's vocalist has been vegan for years and turned me onto it.
~GEAR~

'93 Fender Duo Sonic Reissue

'84 ProCo Smallbox RAT->Fulltone OCD->Akai E2 Headrush->Acoustic Model 470/Acoustic 105 4x12
Quote by deadsmileyface
i'm in the process of becoming pescetarian atm

Is this another way of saying that you're cooking some fish?
I really don't know if I could ever say to myself that I'm never gonna have a great burger or pulled pork sandwich again. I'd probably cry a little.

Though I am interested in the idea of doing it at some point even if just to try it.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

I eat meat

I am a meat eater

I meater
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by ultimate-slash
Is this another way of saying that you're cooking some fish?

no, i'm just working to cut out beef, pork and chicken. i cut out pork a long time ago (don't like the taste) and i eat a lot less beef now but i still eat chicken.
banned
Fish is one thing I need to add to my diet. I' had fishsticks when I was a kid once but that's it. I just need to find something that tastes good and not like fish
Last edited by Wormholes at Feb 26, 2015,
I am a LO vegetarian and have been most of my life. I was vegan for about 9 months and it was the best I have ever felt but it's hard when traveling. I also got tired of having to eat all of the time.
Meat eating masterrace checking in.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Most vegans I know are women, because they have smaller caloric and protein requirements.

Real men don't descrimate between self conscious and non-conscious food.
Quote by Drop -D
Most vegans I know are women, because they have smaller caloric and protein requirements.

Let's be honest, the steak was never conscious anyway. It was just part of a cow's ass.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by Drop -D

¯\_(ツ_/¯
~GEAR~

'93 Fender Duo Sonic Reissue

'84 ProCo Smallbox RAT->Fulltone OCD->Akai E2 Headrush->Acoustic Model 470/Acoustic 105 4x12
Can you hear those vegetables screaming as you rip them out of their cosy soil beds, severing them from their source of life from the earth to be sliced, diced, boiled, steamed and baked for devourment? Can you? Can you?! You monster!
I was a vegan as a kid before it was cool and so had to put up with being the weird kid there. (like i remember kids taking the piss that I couldn't eat chewits and stuff cause of the gelatin and for getting fruits as snacks instead of all the chocolate they'd get.)

It's actually an okay diet. If I had to go back to it (cause global crisis or something) I'd only really miss eggs & dairy because the best treats involve them and i have a crazy sweet tooth (ie chocolate, dessert, ice cream) soya and similar replacement versions still aren't as great.

my parents thought it would be healthier, rather than giving a crap about animals. we also yoyo'ed between food combining (diet where you don't mix certain food types and have to wait between eating them) and ayurveda.

there is a slight tendency to load up on carbs (rice/pasta) with the lack of meat on your plate but a lot of meat-eaters do that anyway. when i have meat now, it's generally with veg only, and then I get my carbs another meal with veg only.

I eat meat right now for pleasure mostly and can do without it, if I'm honest.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
I was a vegan as a kid before it was cool and so had to put up with being the weird kid there. (like i remember kids taking the piss that I couldn't eat chewits and stuff cause of the gelatin and for getting fruits as snacks instead of all the chocolate they'd get.)

It's actually an okay diet. If I had to go back to it (cause global crisis or something) I'd only really miss eggs & dairy because the best treats involve them and i have a crazy sweet tooth (ie chocolate, dessert, ice cream) soya and similar replacement versions still aren't as great.

my parents thought it would be healthier, rather than giving a crap about animals. we also yoyo'ed between food combining (diet where you don't mix certain food types and have to wait between eating them) and ayurveda.

there is a slight tendency to load up on carbs (rice/pasta) with the lack of meat on your plate but a lot of meat-eaters do that anyway. when i have meat now, it's generally with veg only, and then I get my carbs another meal with veg only.

I eat meat right now for pleasure mostly and can do without it, if I'm honest.

imagine a life without a nice tender 16oz medium-rare sirloin steak

it wouldnt be worth living
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
imagine a life without a nice tender 16oz medium-rare sirloin steak

it wouldnt be worth living

um it'd be fine.

because rare rump steak is immensely better. sirloin gets hyped up way too much, but that's fine cause it keeps rump prices down.

a huge cut that grabs both rump and fillet that is bigger than the plate is god tier
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
haha looks like we found the vegan guys amirite

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Vegetarian for 8 years here.
Although I selected Lacto-Ovo Veggie, I don't drink regular milk but only due to lactose intolerance.
Soy or almond milk for me.

Quote by TheChaz
Nope. Gotta get mah protein.

Quote by Drop -D

And to those suggesting that vegetarians don't get enough protein due to lack of meat, get out of the stone age.
You would be surprised by how much protein can be found in non-meat products.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=soy+vs+meat+protein
http://www.livestrong.com/article/240951-soy-protein-vs-meat-protein/
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jan 30, 2015,
Aren't 90% of soy products in the states owned by Monsanto? Who just bought Blackwater PMC last year....

I feel worse when I buy tofu than when I buy ground turkey.

Quote by CodeMonk

And to those suggesting that vegetarians don't get enough protein due to lack of meat, get out of the stone age.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=soy+vs+meat+protein

Yes, enjoy eating 1 cup of almonds for your 20 g of protein (I don't have soy beans here to measure their weight but I assume they're lighter than almonds...so that's a lot of beans).

Also, one of the best parts of eating meat is catching and preparing it yourself. If you've never been fishing/hunting before you're missing out. I wish I could do that for all my meat but I live in a heavily urbanized area.
Last edited by Drop -D at Jan 30, 2015,
Trees are conscious too, I've seen them breathe

But pretty much just seafood, sometimes chicken and burgers. Been eating a lot more salads since I don't know how to cook food and its easier to just throw things in a big bucket, but stopped eating pork, so I suppose I should pick up a Qur'an soon

PS eating soy products will literally turn you into a woman. It kills your teste levels and makes you pump mad estrogen
lol @ the protein argument against veganism.

is that still even a thing. lmao what year is this.

lemme guess we'll be seing the calcium argument next

or maybe get super edgy and get the b12 argument going.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
lol @ the protein argument against veganism.

is that still even a thing. lmao what year is this.

lemme guess we'll be seing the calcium argument next

or maybe get super edgy and get the b12 argument going.

the only valid argument is the iron one, even then you just have to have a bit of fruit with your veg/iron foods and you're fine lol
Quote by Drop -D
Aren't 90% of soy products in the states owned by Monsanto? Who just bought Blackwater PMC last year....

I feel worse when I buy tofu than when I buy ground turkey.

Yes, enjoy eating 1 cup of almonds for your 20 g of protein (I don't have soy beans here to measure their weight but I assume they're lighter than almonds...so that's a lot of beans).

Also, one of the best parts of eating meat is catching and preparing it yourself. If you've never been fishing/hunting before you're missing out. I wish I could do that for all my meat but I live in a heavily urbanized area.

You need to do better research before you spout false "facts".
Select from the "Amount" section on soybeans from the link below.
1 cup of soybeans has 68 grams of protein. Not 20 grams.
20 grams of protein can be had with less than 1/3 a cup (0.29 cups to be more precise)
Almonds I dunno about.

And I used to go fishing and hunting a lot when I was younger.

And the weight of a food has nothing to do with it nutrional content.

Edit:
Here is the same link as above but with almonds
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=almonds+vs+meat+protein
Quote by CodeMonk
You need to do better research before you spout false "facts".
Select from the "Amount" section on soybeans from the link below.
1 cup has 68 grams of protein. Not 20 grams.
20 grams of protein can be had with less than 1/3 a cup (0.29 cups to be more precise)
Almonds I dunno about.

And I used to go fishing and hunting a lot when I was younger,

I used almonds because I have a box in my pantry.

Why is B12 an "edgy" argument? Don't vegans have to take B12 supplements?
Quote by Drop -D
I used almonds because I have a box in my pantry.

Why is B12 an "edgy" argument? Don't vegans have to take B12 supplements?

I have no idea.
But I'm not vegan (Gotta have my cheese).
And I eat eggs. Generally have a 3 or 4 egg omelet about once a week.
I take a multi-vitamin daily anyway.

So I get my B12

And see my edit.
Apparently almonds suck for protein compared to meat.

B12 and soymilk : http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Vegan-Foods-High-Vitamin-B12-15355120
I already eat tofu and soy veggie burgers, no more soy for me, don't wanna grow my tits out anymore than they already are.
Quote by CodeMonk
Vegetarian for 8 years here.
Although I selected Lacto-Ovo Veggie, I don't drink regular milk but only due to lactose intolerance.
Soy or almond milk for me.

Sure I could eat soy all day. But I hate soy. Like really I do. I hate the flavor of soybeans, soy milk, and tofu. I would much rather have a huge selection of meats that I can get my protein from rather than forcing myself to eat massive amounts of soy.
Page 1 of 4