hey UG. I know I've been posting about this kind of thing a few times but it's kind of a big investment for me so I want to make sure that this is going to work. I've heard so many conflicting opinions on how to match PA speakers with amps. So basically will my crown work with the Yamahas? The crown puts out 330 watts per channel at 8 ohms and 900 watts at 8 ohms in bridged mono. The Yamahas RMS is 500 watts at 8 ohms. Will this work? Or what should I do to make it work? Or are there any other better matching speakers I should look into. I don't really want to spend more than $400 total ish so I'm looking on Craigslist for the most part. I found a set of Yamaha's for 500 which I might make them leap for if they are a good match. Thanks.
Peavey 6505+ head
Mesa 4x12 Rectifier Cab
Line 6 Spider III 30 Watt (practice amp)
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Boss NS-2 noise suppressor
MXR 10 Band EQ KFK
Boss DD-7 Delay
I got my used Yamaha S115s in excellent condition for $300/pr. Grind him down. A match made in heaven with your Crown amp as long as you don't drive it into hard clipping. No speaker will survive that very long.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
wow thanks again you've been answering a lot of questions for me. I know you were the one that suggested these. Okay so should I run them in stereo or as bridged mono? I feel like bridged mono would be pushing way too hard but then again I don't really know what I'm doing with this. I'm a guitar player not a live sound guy
Peavey 6505+ head
Mesa 4x12 Rectifier Cab
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
MXR 10 Band EQ KFK
Boss DD-7 Delay
Quote by seankir92
wow thanks again you've been answering a lot of questions for me. I know you were the one that suggested these. Okay so should I run them in stereo or as bridged mono? I feel like bridged mono would be pushing way too hard but then again I don't really know what I'm doing with this. I'm a guitar player not a live sound guy

Run in stereo. The only time I bridge an amp is if I need high power to run a large sub. Amps run much cooler with less fuss in stereo mode.

The S115s are pretty nice speakers, enjoy!
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Okay thanks a lot! I'll be getting a pair soon =)
Peavey 6505+ head
Mesa 4x12 Rectifier Cab
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
MXR 10 Band EQ KFK
Boss DD-7 Delay