Hey man,

Mix is good. The song has got some good compositional devices too; repetition, memorable melodies, not bad. The large amount of repetition makes it feel like it drags on a little, you want to not only repeat melodies and ideas but you also want to develop them too, to keep a listener interested and give your thing an overall theme for people to remember. The song would do very well as more sort of in the background music of lets say a video game or something like that, if you get what I mean. It sounds perfectly good, but after a while its not too gripping because of the repetition.

The higher/solo is a little quiet, so check that in the mix, maybe sort out the balance when it comes in. Make the solo longer! Incorporate the riffs into the solo and develop them, its a good way to start a solo and it gives you something to return to when you get stuck

Overall good track, could probably do with a more gripping melodic line or more development of the main riffs and ideas, if you get what I mean.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1666905
I thought this track was pretty solid. Particularly liked the lead sounding part that starts at 1:06 and even more the driving part at 1:31 with the double bass coming in. The short clean part before the solo really adds depth to the song overall as well. Might be just a bit too long but that's just my personal thought doesn't negatively affect the song really. Good work.
Quote by TommyGunUk
Hey man,

Mix is good. The song has got some good compositional devices too; repetition, memorable melodies, not bad. The large amount of repetition makes it feel like it drags on a little, you want to not only repeat melodies and ideas but you also want to develop them too, to keep a listener interested and give your thing an overall theme for people to remember. The song would do very well as more sort of in the background music of lets say a video game or something like that, if you get what I mean. It sounds perfectly good, but after a while its not too gripping because of the repetition.

The higher/solo is a little quiet, so check that in the mix, maybe sort out the balance when it comes in. Make the solo longer! Incorporate the riffs into the solo and develop them, its a good way to start a solo and it gives you something to return to when you get stuck

Overall good track, could probably do with a more gripping melodic line or more development of the main riffs and ideas, if you get what I mean.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1666905

Thank you for the response!

Yes I agree, it is pretty repetitive. This song is older, I remixed it and decided I would release it because I enjoy the track, even if it is a little repetitive at some points.

It DOES sound like it could be a great soundtrack for a videogame. I wonder if I could do that somehow. I'd love to make music for games.