Hi,

I've been working out the bass section of 'Brighter than Sunshine' by Aqualung.

I'm having trouble notating the bass in the 19th bar onwards. I can play it and I can 'feel' it, but when I try to put it down on paper, it escape me.

That section starts around 1:07, a link to the song:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bpDNfwIrx1M

Please help!
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Pop on a metronome and play it as slow as you possibly can. That's always helped me for learning songs and tabbing out my own.
One crotchet, one dotted quaver followed by a semiquaver, then two quavers each with a staccato. Then a crotchet rest. Tempo is at roughly 76 crotchets a minute. This should get you started.

I actually wrote it out for you but the dimensions of the image was too big for UG restrictions.
Quote by GoldenGuitar
One crotchet, one dotted quaver followed by a semiquaver, then two quavers each with a staccato. Then a crotchet rest. Tempo is at roughly 76 crotchets a minute. This should get you started.

I actually wrote it out for you but the dimensions of the image was too big for UG restrictions.

Must have not been doing this for too long. I figured out the tempo to be around 75 as well, but for some reason I decided to transcribe it at 110bpm. Managed to get it to fit but with each measure becoming 1.5 measures.
A transcription at 110bpm is equally valid, it's just that the rhythms will be f***ed.
Thanks guys! I really appreciate it!
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.