Hello all, this is another one of my songs that I've recently recorded using my HD cam. Would love some feedback from you guys on this song! I'll also C4C so send me a link to your work and ill give it a listen and write my own feed back on your work. Thanks in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlM4sV8rVEY
This is good. Like the driving shuffling rhythm from the deft strumming. The vocal sounds nice, delivered with a smooth verve and lucid lyricism. The song is catchy and clever.
I think that you music is of a quality that deserves a better presentation than this. A camera shot of your left hand is not really the most imaginative shot. Also the crude microphone does no favours to your fine voice, which would sound much better properly mic-ed and produced.
This is a snappy, contagious, zestful piece. With proper presentation and recording, it could have serious commercial potential.

This might give you some ideas for a better presentation - filmed, but synced to a produced studio recording for a high quality sound, C4C here.
Last edited by Jathon Delsy at Feb 1, 2015,
Thanks man appreciate your comment ill check out your tune and review too! Ill look into recording with a plugged in mic for my next recording for sure, I just don't have an amp at the moment to mic up my mic unfortunately
Good choice in the rhythm you used because it helped keep me interested although I do think maybe adding a slow part somewhere in between would sound awesome and add some more variation! Vocals sounded good as well and you sounded in key the whole time. The only thing I would suggest is to pick up a microphone when you can because that would make the vocals sound even better. All in all good track.

C4C: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1668086
And everything that once was
infinitely far
and unsayable is now
unsayable
and right here in the room.

- Franz Wright
Hi man, thanks for the review of this track! How do you record live then, just place the mic in front of your amp and record that way? not sure which is the best way to get a live recording tbh as I've never really done it that way
What I do is use a rather cheap usb microphone plugged into my computer to record vocals and guitar parts. A better way to do this would be to have two usb microphones and have one positioned in front of the guitar and one for vocals that way live recording is easier and you can record all at once. I am positive there are better ways than this but I have found this method to work alright.
And everything that once was
infinitely far
and unsayable is now
unsayable
and right here in the room.

- Franz Wright
Okay that sounds not a bad idea, I am using a Zoom q2hd atm. So I can link that as a usb mic to the computer from that. What I have seen is people mic an amp separately to the vocal mic. or just use the one mic for vocals that can also pic up on the guitar Ive had a look at a few amp and found some nice XLR amps that I can hook my mic up to so hopefully that would pic up the guitar
Sounds good, though when you sing it seems like you are trying not to be too loud?
Quote by JesuOSti
Sounds good, though when you sing it seems like you are trying not to be too loud?

Haha yeah this is true. Unfortunately my flat walls are pretty thin it is a big pain in the ass when trying to record like this
In the first line why did you say a tear falls down her face? Could you not of said tear falls from her eye or something like that?
Quote by JesuOSti
In the first line why did you say a tear falls down her face? Could you not of said tear falls from her eye or something like that?

Hi mate, thanks for the suggestion, I am not sure that it fits lyrically in to that part to be honest both have the same meaning though and When I was writing the lyrics for this song that is the line that automatically came out so its always stuck really
cool tune! your rythem is a little sketchy...u speed up at certain points...the singing is not very good man..just being honest...with a little work though your vocals will be fine. also the lyrics did not make sence...it was hard to follow along with this song...the bright part is the catchy rythem and chord pregressioin..otherwise I would scrap this one.. crit mine? https://soundcloud.com/volker-lang-2/prevail
Quote by heaven086
Cool tune!?, to scrap this one... haha man, contradiction or...?

hey bro..no contradiction...I thought it was a cool tune...and that u should scrap it...I know u can do better..and YOU know you can do better!