I realised yesterday that we are living in the year in which part of the plot of 'Back to the future II' takes place.
So my question is: Which predictions from Sci-Fi movies/books do you wish to come true? Which ones don't you want to come true?

I, for my part, am definitely looking forward to hoverboards, which according to above-mentioned movie, will be available by/before Oct. 21st of this year.
(for those interested, this might actually happen: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/142464853/hendo-hoverboards-worlds-first-real-hoverboard )
Last edited by pb15994 at Feb 1, 2015,
lol @ avatar
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
If you believe 'Blade Runner' some of us might be replicants by now, since the movie plays in 2019, it's already the 6th generation of replicant in the movie, they have a life expectation of 4 years, and one of them dies because of natural causes. So if I believe this movie, I can't trust anyone I haven't met before 2015.

Quote by steve_muse
lol @ avatar

It's a hat. I like hats. I identify as a hat. If one kid can identify as a penguin, I'll be a hat...
Quote by JustRooster
Hoverboards. Absolutely hoverboards.

Well. Those kinda happened. You just need a metal plate that costs like a million dollars under it to hover kinda.
Didn't the Jetsons take place in 2002 or so?

Pretty sad we don't have hovercars or jetpacks or robot maids and butlers or any of that stuff.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Feb 1, 2015,
Quote by homeless-john
Hipsters are going to bring back text only computers with CRT monitors and that'll cause a cascade of events that leads us to Alien.

I guess you can relate to that too.

Quote by necrosis1193
Didn't the Jetsons take place in 2002 or so?

Nope, that isn't until 2062. There's still hope.
Quote by homeless-john
Hipsters are going to bring back text only computers with CRT monitors and that'll cause a cascade of events that leads us to Alien.

I'm interested....

Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Everything's kinda gone a bit Blade Runner-esque.

Tech-noir and all that. Tbf, the present is decidedly cyber-punk. High tech, low life.

Now if only William Gibson books made into films weren't terrible...
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
planet of the apes
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by Axelfox
It's 2015, where is my jetpack

Must have been lost in the mail. We've all had jetpacks for years.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Wormhole technology and living space whales we will travel around the galaxy in.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Wormhole technology and living space whales we will travel around the galaxy in.

you sick bastard

I want suspiciously humanoid hot green aliens who need me to teach them about the human concept of ****ing their brains out.
Quote by Diemon Dave
I can't remember the name of the book but I remember reading some old sci-fi book where humans all had small hand held devices that controlled and organised their lives.
Was a while ago and have forgotten details, anyone know this book?
Quote by mattjamesrenn
I can't remember the name of the book but I remember reading some old sci-fi book where humans all had small hand held devices that controlled and organised their lives.

You mean smartphones?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I want suspiciously humanoid hot green aliens who need me to teach them about the human concept of ****ing their brains out.

I call rule 34 on that.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

I also definitely don't want 'Soylent Green' to come true, which takes place in 2022. I mean, beef is much more tasty than people!
Quote by pb15994
You mean smartphones?

I call rule 34 on that.

William Shatner beat you to it.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Are we NOT gonna talk about Star Trek?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by FireHawk
I just want lasers to shoot out my dick

Don't we all?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by pb15994
I also definitely don't want 'Soylent Green' to come true, which takes place in 2022. I mean, beef is much more tasty than people!

Speaking from experience are we?
Quote by DardySon
Speaking from experience are we?

Hey, she told me to eat her out. Although now I'm not exactly sure that this is what she meant.
Quote by Wormholes
Well. Those kinda happened. You just need a metal plate that costs like a million dollars under it to hover kinda.

Quote by WaterGod
They actually have those now:

That's not good enough. Don't hand me a horseless carriage and call it a car.