Hello I don't know if I've posted in the correct catergory but just wanted to know if anyone could help me? I have a stratocaster and a cube 1.5 amp, I just wondered if I could recreate the 'whatever people say I am that's what I'm not' sound with my gear?
i believe alex uses a vc30 amp.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
i believe alex uses a vc30 amp.

can i recraete the sound tough with my gear?
probably use the overdrive or distortion (not set too high, you don't want it to be saturated) setting. set the eq controls to 12 o'clock.

sounds like bridge pickup, so select the bridge pickup. keep your tone and volume controls on the guitar up full.

see how that sounds. it sounds to me more like a tele (maybe) but that might get you close enough. tweak the eq on the amp if it's not sounding right.

EDIT: ah right, that's the album, not a single song shows how much i know about AM. But yeah pretty much follow what i said above, should still (more or less) work. Maybe a little more distortion for some songs.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 2, 2015,
yeah that seems like a classic AC type tone with a great, low-mid crunch. probably get a great drive pedal / boost tyep situation and you are good.

which seems a little bit different than their new stuff like "are you mine" which seems a bit heavier, fuzzier. i think hes running a low gain fuzz pedal all over that album.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)