Page 1 of 2
Good evening , Like the title says ,I am looking for a telecaster . I recently got into there style and I really want one , but do not know much about them .I mostly play metal but I am a huge Devin Townsend fan and his clean tone he gets from his telecasters are amazing .price range 300-700 . I like the idea of a nitro finishes and my favorite color is the butterscotch . I like warm neck pickups ... so please help me ohhh internet with your knowledge.
Check out the G&L ASAT line
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Check out the G&L ASAT line

Thanks for the reply I will look into them .
The G&L ASAT deluxe carved top has 2 HB's in it also which your going to want. plus it has a 12" radius fretboard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FWIs15a8WQ&feature=player_detailpage&x-yt-ts=1422579428&x-yt-cl=85114404
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Feb 1, 2015,
Actually I am looking for something with the 2 single coils , I have plenty of humbucker guitars. This will mostly be used for clean.
They make a lot of variations and all but that version has singles, they even have a p90 equipped one
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate

poly finish as that's an import asat classic i grabbed used cheap.

the usa models have the lacquer finish you want. great guitars.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Feb 2, 2015,
Things I don't like about my tele:

The selector switch, bad spot, too close to vol knob
The crappy bridge with 3 saddles, not sufficient for proper intonation
The straight uncomfortable edges of the body

Things I like

The tone
Quote by marius47
Actually I am looking for something with the 2 single coils , I have plenty of humbucker guitars. This will mostly be used for clean.

I looked up Townsend and his Tele, and his has EMGs on it. I don't think you'll manage to get the EMG 81/60 tones out of a pair of single coils.

BTW, could you check your PMs?
Free Ali
An ASAT is a good choice if you want a good playing guitar that looks like a Tele but does not sound like one. Leo changed the distinctive bridge pickup because he found the original sounds too harsh. I would recommend a Baja telecaster has all the original Tele sounds but some extra options thrown in too.
He has some fenders with single coil look up anything on casualties of cool.
Quote by marius47
He has some fenders with single coil look up anything on casualties of cool.

Google tells me that he uses a Strat for the single coil sound. I mean, if you're looking for the single coil sound, either will be great. But it seems like you're looking to get a Devin Townsend tone out of a Telecaster with single coils, which I don't think can be done.
Free Ali
I'm a fan of the Standards, but Fender really has something for everyone and loads of models in that pricerange.

The Classic Player Baja has that Butterscotch Blonde finish, a 9,5 inch radius and is generally agreed upon to be a hell of a good deal. It's 799 USD new though.

Quote by Zhaezzy
An ASAT is a good choice if you want a good playing guitar that looks like a Tele but does not sound like one. Leo changed the distinctive bridge pickup because he found the original sounds too harsh. I would recommend a Baja telecaster has all the original Tele sounds but some extra options thrown in too.

He found the Tele too harsh? I always thought Strats were much worse in that regard, but that may be due to my limited experience with vintage or vintage-spec Fenders.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
my asat doesn't sound like a tele?

that's fine i guess.

backsawayslowly
Last edited by gregs1020 at Feb 2, 2015,
Quote by marius47
I think I might be sold on a baja now

Those are cool tele's and they are pretty versatile
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
How are the pickups I hear that's the twisted sounds more like a strat.
I just got the Richie Kotzen signature Tele and brother it is a thing of beauty. My favourite axe now. Not really a big fan of Richie (he is amazing not ripping), just saying I didn't really know it was a signature model until after love set in. I'd suggest you look one up.

What's a good price for a used baja?
Yengwie strat
Washburn n1 SD 59'S
PRS Mikael akerfeldt
PRS fredrik
PRS Paul allender
Ltd h-207
Ltd mh-100
94 Gibson les Paul studio
Alvarez cheap o
Taylor 115
Dime-o -flame
Layne iron heart 60w
Eleven rack
I played an FSR butterscoth I really liked it.
Yengwie strat
Washburn n1 SD 59'S
PRS Mikael akerfeldt
PRS fredrik
PRS Paul allender
Ltd h-207
Ltd mh-100
94 Gibson les Paul studio
Alvarez cheap o
Taylor 115
Dime-o -flame
Layne iron heart 60w
Eleven rack
Quote by marius47
I played an FSR butterscoth I really liked it.

The FSR Butterscotch is a standard telecaster with the Butterscotch finish. It's very good, if a little basic for the price tag. Additionally, it's an FSR (factory special run) which means that this specific guitar is only offered by that one retailer; if I remember correctly, the Butterscotch Blonde FSR Tele is done by Guitar Center/Musicians Friend (same company). It's a great Telecaster, but you are basically paying an extra $100 over a normal standard just for the finish.

The Classic Player Baja gets you Custom Shop pickups, and upgraded controls (4-way + the S-1 system), and a V neck. V necks can be uncomfortable (especially vintage deep Vs), but it depends on the player (I personally find them incredibly comfortable). It costs a bit more but it's also more feature-heavy than the FSR.

There is also Road Worn 50s Telecaster which has upgraded pickups and a nitro lacquer finish. However, the pre-distressed finish is a turn-off for some, and it has a vintage style neck radius (a round 7.25"), but you really aren't going to find many guitars with lacquer finishes and modern fretboard radii (you could look for a used Road Worn Player Telecaster, but it's long since been discontinued, didn't come in Butterscotch and had a humbucker in the neck position).

The Classic 50s Lacquer Telecaster comes in White Blonde, paler than the normal Butterscotch, but doesn't feature a distressed finish and comes with a guitar case. Both the Classic 50s Lacquer and Road Worn are on the upper end of your price range, though.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Thinking about buying a tele... Help

It may be too late.

Obviously your parents withheld the anti-tele vaccine when you were born, and here we are.

These tragedies could so easily have been prevented.
Quote by dspellman
It may be too late.

Obviously your parents withheld the anti-tele vaccine when you were born, and here we are.

These tragedies could so easily have been prevented.

lol
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by JustRooster

G&L's don't sound like teles.

haven't you been paying attention.
I have three, a 2011std, 1996 plus II, and a 52AVRI. they are all great.

I want to get a Baja but I have other priorities.

I really like dimarzio twang kings. get them as a pair for a really cheap, I think I paid around $100 for both.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by gregs1020
G&L's don't sound like teles.

but wich tele are you talking about ??...... USA ASAT Classic Alnico is pretty darn close to a traditional tele
Quote by Ippon

Dave is screwed.

haha
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Fumble fingers
but wich tele are you talking about ??...... USA ASAT Classic Alnico is pretty darn close to a traditional tele

i have no idea what they're talking about. my asat with it's ceramic MHD's sounds very tele to me.

i think it's because of the brass saddles personally.
^ you should capitalise "ASAT". I read that first as "asshat".
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you bet your asshat.
dangit UG won't let me post another "" post as it's a duplicate of the last one
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2