I need the opinion of guys that have tried these.
I'm gonna use it for live gigs, so its an issue of looks and playing comfort.
Also I'm only 5'5 in height so they might look too big for me.

I think the Warlock looks a bit better but im worried about the playability.
The Bich still has that pointy look but the bottom part of the body is similar to a superstrat so it should be comfortable to play while sitting down.
I play mostly metal and have been using jackson dinkys for 8 years so I'm used to the superstrat body shape.

BC rich doesnt have dealers here so there's no way of testing them before buying. My only options are buying used ones or from an online store.
Last edited by edalbkrad at Feb 4, 2015,
The Warlock is perfectly comfortable to play sitting down. I'm not aware of any playability issues.

You also have far more choices with the Warlock, in terms of specs and prices. The Bich isn't as readily available and starts at a higher price.

I have no experience with the Bich, but you can't go wrong with a Warlock.
Thanks for the reply.
I'm looking for a fixed bridge warlock, preferably with the widow headstock or reverse headstock. Doesn't matter where its made. I have a china made Jackson Dinky that I got for $180 and I like it better than my japan one because it weighs lighter.
Less knobs is also better, I never use the tone knob

I'll probably get either one of these unless I find something cheaper or with less knobs.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/b.c.-rich-warlock-edge-electric-guitar?rNtt=warlock&index=2
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/b.c.-rich-bronze-series-warlock-electric-guitar?rNtt=warlock&index=9
Shipping cost to philippines is around $74, plus customs tax about $35.

Do you know of other online stores that ship to Philippines?
Last edited by edalbkrad at Feb 3, 2015,
Quote by edalbkrad

I'll probably get either one of these unless I find something cheaper or with less knobs.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/b.c.-rich-warlock-edge-electric-guitar?rNtt=warlock&index=2
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/b.c.-rich-bronze-series-warlock-electric-guitar?rNtt=warlock&index=9
Shipping cost to philippines is around $74, plus customs tax about $35.

No, just no.

Do not buy these. Low end BC-Riches are infamous for how horrible they are.

If <£200 is all you can afford to spend, I honestly think you need to increase your budget. I know that might not be practical, but the absolute least I would ever spend on a guitar is whatever it costs to get a Yamaha Pacifica in your country. At least those guitars are halfway decent quality-wise. Anything else is simply not worth bothering with imo.

But more to the point, what exactly does your current guitar do that anything else you're looking at buying can do any better? You have an MIJ Jackson Dinky. The other guitars you're looking at buying are going to have absolutely nothing on that guitar quality-wise. Aside from how much it weighs.

Are you just interested in buying a Warlock because of its shape?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 3, 2015,
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Musicians Friend's stupid deal of the day today is a TOM bridge Charvel Desolation DST-1 ST for only $299.99 instead of the regular $649.99 they usualy go for. It's a wild shape you may like and it's black like the BC Riches you're looking at.

I would have to assume it's a much better quality guitar, just from the higher price range, plus it has EMG 81/85 combo. If you actually search for it on MF outside of the stupid deal of the day they also have a white one and a flamed trans black one for the same $299. They may be something to consider for ya.

While I'm not huge on the Desolations, I'd jump on this if that's all I had to spend.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Yeah its the warlock shape that makes me wanna try it. I guess its in my bucket list.
How fat/slim is the neck on those things?

There is only 1 local guy selling a black warlock for $313. He says its korea made.
Scroll down a bit and you'll see the photo
http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=118936.msg1632360#msg1632360

This one is $168 and probably MIJ although not liking the headstock
http://store.ishibashi.co.jp/ec/pro/disp/1/11-315320709

How about this one? its on sale
http://www.themusicfarm.com/p-10398-bc-rich-bronze-widow-headstock-warlock-electric-guitar-onyx.aspx
ok DO NOT BUY BOLT ON NECK BC RICH's. with the possible exception of the Masterpiece series guitars they just plain aren't good. the early 80s NJ series guitars were fairly decent and that was about the last time they made a decent bolt on (Gunslingers are a super strat so don't count).

once you get to the neck through BC Rich's then you get good guitars. i am a BC Rich player and fan so i'm not just saying this because everyone else does. for thatmoney you are better off buying another brand. buy gutars because they deliver the sound you want and feel good playing to you. BC Rich necks tend to be wide and on the fatter side so if you ar used to a Jackson neck you may be in for a bit of a suprise.
Did you check ebay? It should tell you there which guitars can be shipped to your location and for how much.

Against the consensus on UG, there's nothing wrong with low-end BR Richs. I used to own the dreaded Chinese Bronze series Warlock. It was flawless. And if you read reviews on sites like mf or any other place that sells guitars and that are written by people who actually own one, you'll find that most of the reviews are positive.

My advice, get the most expensive Warlock you can afford. Of the ones you've posted, I'd probably get the Edge Warlock.
Quote by dthmtl3
Did you check ebay? It should tell you there which guitars can be shipped to your location and for how much.

Against the consensus on UG, there's nothing wrong with low-end BR Richs. I used to own the dreaded Chinese Bronze series Warlock. It was flawless. And if you read reviews on sites like mf or any other place that sells guitars and that are written by people who actually own one, you'll find that most of the reviews are positive.

My advice, get the most expensive Warlock you can afford. Of the ones you've posted, I'd probably get the Edge Warlock.

umm... reviews often by kids who just bought one. those are the most unreliable reviews on the web. if you like yours that's fine but i can't in good faith recommend low end BC rich's and certainly not a bronze.
Quote by dthmtl3
...And if you read reviews on sites like mf or any other place that sells guitars and that are written by people who actually own one, you'll find that most of the reviews are positive.

They are written by people who have just bought the guitar and have no idea what they are talking about yet. Thats why ALL the reviews on guitars are good. I honestly dont think i have seen a guitar rated lower then 8 on UG, and the low end ones are usually rated close to 10 with statements like "this guitar can easily go head to head with any 5k Gibson or Fender!" Dont trust reviews.

I have played a couple of low end bc rich warlocks, and i think they suck. OP, you be better of getting anything else, or at least a more expensive model, if you cant get past the shape. And i know the appeal of a nice looking guitar. I always wanted an explorer, and ended up getting an epi explorer for a pretty low price, against my better judgement. The thing sucked, so i sold it after two years of desperatly trying to make it playable. Now i dont want an explorer anymore. I hope you can learn a lesson from my story.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Quote by monwobobbo
umm... reviews often by kids who just bought one. those are the most unreliable reviews on the web. if you like yours that's fine but i can't in good faith recommend low end BC rich's and certainly not a bronze.

As opposed to reviews on UG by kids who never bought one? Or worse, baseless and biased comments by self-proclaimed experts on forums? I'll let the OP decide on his own whether reviews on shopping sites are useful to him or not.
Quote by dthmtl3
As opposed to reviews on UG by kids who never bought one? Or worse, baseless and biased comments by self-proclaimed experts on forums? I'll let the OP decide on his own whether reviews on shopping sites are useful to him or not.

They're really not. The vast majority of reviews are written by inexperienced and biased players.

What Monwobobbo said is totally accurate. Its mainly kids who buy them as their first guitars. You only have to look at the likes of guitars such as the Metal Master Warlock (which is essentially identical to a Bronze series) and its cheesy Kerry King-style graphics to know that that's the demographic these sorts of guitars are marketed for. Then the kids write a rave review on how awesome the guitar is because they don't know any better. Then they play better guitars and immediately want to buy something else and they sell off their Bronze Warlocks to pawn shops. And then the pawn shops are littered with them with nobody wanting to buy them. The low-end BC Rich guitars are rather infamous for it.

For the record, I played a couple when I was a teenager when I was at a couple of different friend's houses. They just suck. Crap hardware, muddy pickups, necks on both felt rough like a patio deck, uneven frets that had sharp ends and horrible intonation. So what I'm asserting is based on my experiences. Albeit limited experiences. After the couple I tried and all the similar stories I've heard about them, I want to stay well away. So the incentive to play more Bronze Warlocks hasn't really been there for me and probably never will.

If you've got one that plays perfectly after a simple set up, you're lucky in my book.
Quote by TheSennaj
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 3, 2015,
Quote by dthmtl3

never said i was an expert just that i have a fair amount of experience with BC Rich. i bought my first Mockingbird in 1982 (wish i still had that one) and have had several BC Rich's over the years. i've played a ton of them over the years as well. this includes everything from bottom of the barrel bronze series to custom US models. sorry if that isn't good enough for you. just trying to save the OP from wasting money on a guitar bought for looks and not based on it being a good guitar. while there are certainly worse guitar out there than the low end BCR's there are also better (but to be fair bcr has improved some in recent years).
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
They're really not. The vast majority of reviews are written by inexperienced and biased players.

What Monwobobbo said is totally accurate. Its mainly kids who buy them as their first guitars. You only have to look at the likes of guitars such as the Metal Master Warlock (which is essentially identical to a Bronze series) and its cheesy Kerry King-style graphics to know that that's the demographic these sorts of guitars are marketed for. Then the kids write a rave review on how awesome the guitar is because they don't know any better. Then they play better guitars and immediately want to buy something else and they sell off their Bronze Warlocks to pawn shops. And then the pawn shops are littered with them with nobody wanting to buy them. The low-end BC Rich guitars are rather infamous for it.

If you've got one that plays perfectly after a simple set up, you're lucky in my book.

First of all I have to agree that buying a B.C. Rich Bronze series is a bad idea, they are complete turds, you can usually tell when reviews are written by kids because they say shit like "this is the most awesome demonic metal guitar ever" or " it came with (insert pickup name here) pickups which was disappointing but I'm putting EMG's in it" (most kids think EMG's are the only good pups on the market) and then they will usually say that they just bought it when it comes to the durability section.

Just avoid any reviews that say "this guitar was forged by the mighty Sauron in the fiery depths of Mt. Doom.

And don't by a B.C. Rich Bronze series, go used and get something better!
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge

Last edited by Evilnine at Feb 3, 2015,
Quote by monwobobbo
ok DO NOT BUY BOLT ON NECK BC RICH's. with the possible exception of the Masterpiece series guitars they just plain aren't good.

once you get to the neck through BC Rich's then you get good guitars. i am a BC Rich player and fan so i'm not just saying this because everyone else does. .

Agreed if you are going to buy a B.C. Rich the neck joint should look like this!

"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Evilnine
Agreed if you are going to buy a B.C. Rich the neck joint should look like this!

yes but only if it was forged by sauron in the fires of mt doom. .
Quote by monwobobbo
yes but only if it was forged by sauron in the fires of mt doom. .

It says made in China on the back of the headstock, not sure if Sauron ever did any forging there or not!
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge

Quote by Evilnine
It says made in China on the back of the headstock, not sure if Sauron ever did any forging there or not!

Yeah it's a little-known fact that Sauron actually came from China and worked in the BC Rich factory his entire childhood. That's why he wants to start so many wars.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Musicians Friend's stupid deal of the day today is a TOM bridge Charvel Desolation DST-1 ST for only $299.99 instead of the regular $649.99 they usualy go for. It's a wild shape you may like and it's black like the BC Riches you're looking at.

I would have to assume it's a much better quality guitar, just from the higher price range, plus it has EMG 81/85 combo. If you actually search for it on MF outside of the stupid deal of the day they also have a white one and a flamed trans black one for the same $299. They may be something to consider for ya.

+1 I have 3 of the Charvel Desolation 1 series, for the money they're fantastic guitars.

Some people dont like the "blingy" extras on them but I can attest that they are great players and are spec'd better than guitars twice the price. You just dont find neck through guitars with real EMG pickups at that pricepoint
Quote by gorkyporky
I always wanted an explorer, and ended up getting an epi explorer for a pretty low price, against my better judgement. The thing sucked, so i sold it after two years of desperatly trying to make it playable. Now i dont want an explorer anymore. I hope you can learn a lesson from my story.

This is what im dreading. But I get the feeling that if I buy a different model now, I may still go looking for a warlock in the future.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. More than half of you are against the bronze warlock, and I can't afford the higher-end models so I'm gonna mention these two other guitars that I like the design and cost nearly the same.

I think they are also mass produced from china since both go for around $220 at local stores here.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/washburn-n1-nmk-signature-series-electric-guitar
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/dean-michael-amott-signature-tyrant-x-splatter-electric-guitar#productDetail
Last edited by edalbkrad at Feb 4, 2015,
i've played a couple of the high end Washburn Nuno guitars and they were great. can't tell you if the low end one is any goo. never played the other one but just the appearence alone would deter me.

what exactly do you want out of a guitar? give this some thought and perhaps we can recommend somethig that would be good for you
Quote by edalbkrad
This is what im dreading. But I get the feeling that if I buy a different model now, I may still go looking for a warlock in the future.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. More than half of you are against the bronze warlock, and I can't afford the higher-end models so I'm gonna mention these two other guitars that I like the design and cost nearly the same.

I think they are also mass produced from china since both go for around $220 at local stores here.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/washburn-n1-nmk-signature-series-electric-guitar
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/dean-michael-amott-signature-tyrant-x-splatter-electric-guitar#productDetail

You make an important point. Get the guitar that you want, not a guitar that would please the biased people here. Purchasing a guitar should make YOU happy.
Quote by dthmtl3
You make an important point. Get the guitar that you want, not a guitar that would please the biased people here. Purchasing a guitar should make YOU happy.

dude what is it with you. all anyone is trying to do is make sure that the OP is going to get a guitar that will make him happy. buying by shape is a poor way to go. so far he really hasn't said what he wants out of a guitar.
Quote by dthmtl3

What do you think we've been doing all this time? Just doing nothing but slander his personal tastes in guitars? The reality is that buying a guitar based solely on how it looks is a big mistake. It certainly seems that way with TS because he hasn't given any specific information on what his preferences are outside of that and the guitars he's choosing are not up to quality based on the experiences of many people who have owned these guitars. We've been trying to point him in a direction where he is more likely to get a decently playable instrument when he gets the one he buys out of the box so that he doesn't end up disappointed.

Nobody is unbiased and that includes you. So don't play that card.
Quote by TheSennaj
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 4, 2015,
Quote by dthmtl3

You are correct but as T00DEEPBLUE said nobody is trying to insult anyone's taste but point out that the specific model that he was asking for people's opinion about (and he was asking) is crap, B.C. Rich makes some badass Warlocks but they start at about $750 if you can find a deal on a used one that would be good but the Bronze series is not good period.

The point is don't waste everyone's time asking about guitars that you are unsure about if you already have your mind made up.
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge