Hello, I am studying product design at Teesside University. I have just started a new project where I will be designing an electric guitar with an inbuilt computer, it will be internet accessible, will record what you play and save it to a USB and do other things, it'll be cool.

Just wanted to ask you guys 2 questions that will help me write my brief.

1) It is going to be priced mid-range, what would you lot class as a mid-range budget?

2) How important is guitar customisation to you?

Cheers
Dave
to me 'mid range' is somewhere between £400 and £800. as for customisation, it's quite tricky to offer something to meet everyones taste if you're talking about point of sale customisation. I think i'd prefer a guitar which was good value and a easy to customise myself if i was that way inclined. focus on the construction and the materials.

Good luck with the project, i did a guitar design project many years ago during my a-levels and it was the most fun i ever had at school.
Cheers i was thinking around £600 so we're on the same page.

Customisation wise i was thinking a way to change the pickups without soldering, trying to make so it can be customised easy

cheers
Quote by DaveyJ343

Customisation wise i was thinking a way to change the pickups without soldering, trying to make so it can be customised easy

cheers

Such a thing already exists.

EMG quick-connect systems are just one example.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend