I'm looking around for a 2nd guitar and wondering what you guys might suggest I try out. I've currently got a MIM strat and am looking for something in an HH setup with a fixed bridge. Not interested in a Tele or another strat at the moment, and I am happy with my amp. My budget is around the $500-600 range but could go a little higher if the guitar felt that good in my hands.

I think what I'm looking for is something with the tonal versatility to play things like Zeppelin, The Who, AC/DC, Black Sabbath / Ozzy, Metallica, System of a Down, Tool, STP, ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd, CCR, maybe some Allman Brothers, or Outlaws. So pretty much all over the board in terms of rock.
Try a PRS SE custom 24. It has the HH set up you like and the neck is amazing!!! Quality guitar that sounds and plays fantastic.
i just grabbed a viper 400 used for $200, look into the ltd 400 series, very nice guitars for the money, come with the active emgs u need for metallica.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Used Les Paul Studio or new Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus (the one with Gibson pups). I've also heard good things about PRS SEs too but never played one.
2002 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2014 Fender Strat (American Nitro Honeyburst)
2003 Ibanez Acoustic
Digitech RP500
Blackstar HT5R
Used Gibson Les Paul Studio would be a great option. I would avoid the Gibson Faded series though.
Could you give us more information (your location, etc.)? There's a sticky, I believe, that has pertinent questions. Otherwise, you'll have a bunch of people peppering you with their favorite (or their owned) guitar brands and styles. It would be better to have an idea whether you can even FIND some of these guitars in your neck of the woods, or if there's a flourishing used market, or if guitars are more expensive, etc.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 2, 2015,
"A well-wound coil is a well-wound coil regardless if it's wound with professional equipment, or if somebody's great-grandmother winds it to an old French recipe with Napoleon's modified coffee grinder and chops off the wire after a mile with an antique guillotine!"
- Bill Lawrence

Come and be with me
Live my twisted dream
Pro devoted pledge
Time for primal concrete sledge