Hey, i own the Okko Diabolo Gain Plus Overdrive pedal and I love it. Especially for bluesy kind of tones. However I am missing a certain amount of gain when i want metal/djent tones. I'm thinking of boosting my Okko with a Maxon SD9 or some other kind of (tubescreamer) overdrive/distortion pedal. I have already tried a regular OD9 as a boost but it didn't satisfy me. Do you think this combination -->Maxon SD9--->Okko Diabolo--->clean Amp would work? Or maybe the other way around? (Because I'd basically be putting a distortion pedal in front of an overdrive pedal).

Thanks!
It would work to boost a pedal with another pedal, yes.

If you put overdrive/boost before distortion then you'll raiser the gain of the distortion.
If you put distortion and then boost/overdrive then you'll raise the volume of signal going into the amp.

If you want more gain, put the TS in front.

Djent tones aren't really something you achieve with pedals only - your problem might be your amp.
What's your amp?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by TimKlein
Hey, i own the Okko Diabolo Gain Plus Overdrive pedal and I love it. Especially for bluesy kind of tones. However I am missing a certain amount of gain when i want metal/djent tones. I'm thinking of boosting my Okko with a Maxon SD9 or some other kind of (tubescreamer) overdrive/distortion pedal. I have already tried a regular OD9 as a boost but it didn't satisfy me. Do you think this combination -->Maxon SD9--->Okko Diabolo--->clean Amp would work? Or maybe the other way around? (Because I'd basically be putting a distortion pedal in front of an overdrive pedal).

Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYtXBUS_kwY
Quote by Spambot_2
If you want more gain, put the TS in front.
Guitar > Overdrive > Dirt Pedal > Amp

Doing this will essentially do the same thing the above video says to do, just in a compact enclosure. But usually, crunched amps with a boost sound best for the br00tz.
Last edited by Will Lane at Feb 2, 2015,