i saw all this cool amp simulation and staff in amplitube and decided to give it a try so i bought an adapter 1/4 to 1/8 plug my guitar in the amp and the amp to pc. my problem is that the sound is definitely bad especialy when play lower e and a strings the bass just sounds awful. how can i fix that? its because i didnt pluged the guitar directly to pc? will it be fixed if i buy one of these? (behringer guitar link) http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCG102-BEHRINGER-GUITAR-LINK/dp/B000PAPO9W. Is it because of my cheap sound card? what can i do to fix it i really like the potential of the program if i can make it work help!!
If you want an explanation, go into the recording section and read the "introduction to recording" sticky.

The short answer is that a behringer guitar link would work, yes.
Though get an unbranded guitar link - it's the same thing without the behringer logo on it and it costs around $10.

Be advised that amplitube sounds bad, no way around that.
Also guitar rig, pod farm, overloud and bias.
Well bias doesn't sound that bad but still not amazing.

Read the amp sims sticky in the recording section, and have a look at the softube amp rooms, the LePou stuff and Scuffham S Gear.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Check out Peavey Revalver software as well. Awesome Amp and cab sims.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
thank you spambot! i wanted to ask about that 5 euro chinese guitar links on ebay too but you covered it. i will check out that peavy software. one last thing, if i buy a audio interface and use the best software will it sound decent? i mean could it replace a practice amp?
Last edited by intheye87 at Feb 2, 2015,
Quote by intheye87
if i buy a audio interface and use the best software will it sound decent? i mean could it replace a practice amp?
If you become good at mixing and stuff it will sound better than decent.

Better than your average guitar practice amp if ya ask me.

Though you need half decent speakers, so while a pair of integrated laptop speakers would work, spending $100 or $200 on speakers will improve the result a lot.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
If you want an explanation, go into the recording section and read the "introduction to recording" sticky.

The short answer is that a behringer guitar link would work, yes.
Though get an unbranded guitar link - it's the same thing without the behringer logo on it and it costs around $10.

Be advised that amplitube sounds bad, no way around that.
Also guitar rig, pod farm, overloud and bias.
Well bias doesn't sound that bad but still not amazing.

Read the amp sims sticky in the recording section, and have a look at the softube amp rooms, the LePou stuff and Scuffham S Gear.

I dunno, their model of the T-Rex Moller that you can get through the 'Custom Shop' or whatever it's called is pretty great, I tend to throw it on most of my dirt tracks nowadays. It's also pretty easy to get a useable tone out of their Fender collection too.

But yeah, a lot of their stock amp models (especially cab sims) aren't great tbh.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
Quote by intheye87
thank you spambot! i wanted to ask about that 5 euro chinese guitar links on ebay too but you covered it. i will check out that peavy software. one last thing, if i buy a audio interface and use the best software will it sound decent? i mean could it replace a practice amp?

Yes. You can get very good tones especially for just practicing. I second the quality speakers or headphones. You want a flat response speaker like a monitor not something like Beats. I use Audio-Texhnica ATH-M50x headphones and they sound very very good.

As for the interface I'm using a Rocksmith cable. It works fine for what I do. The link you posted should work fine too.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by metalmingee
You want a flat response speaker like a monitor not something like Beats.
Unless he wants to do some relatively serious mixing, "flattering" sounding stuff like mid tire hi-fi headphones will work just as good really.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by intheye87
i saw all this cool amp simulation and staff in amplitube and decided to give it a try so i bought an adapter 1/4 to 1/8 plug my guitar in the amp and the amp to pc. my problem is that the sound is definitely bad especialy when play lower e and a strings the bass just sounds awful. how can i fix that? its because i didnt pluged the guitar directly to pc? will it be fixed if i buy one of these? (behringer guitar link) http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UCG102-BEHRINGER-GUITAR-LINK/dp/B000PAPO9W. Is it because of my cheap sound card? what can i do to fix it i really like the potential of the program if i can make it work help!!

Dear god please don't use your soundcard inputs.

Here's why you shouldn't:
https://soundcloud.com/clay-man-2/mic-input-is-shit-and-heres-why
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline