Last week, Syriza (extreme left party in Greece) got the almost absolute majority of votes there.

Their main points are the following:
-let's not pay our debt to the EU
-let's nationalize industries
-let's take some money form the rich and give it to the poor

So far the Athens' stock exchange dropped of around 20%.

Are they gonna succeed and bring Greece back on track, or are they gonna miserably fail and make the life conditions even worse?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I flipped a coin and it turned up to be heads. So yeah they're gonna miserably fail.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
I hope so. It should stick it to the right wing and their ideological enforced austerity measures of public cut backs and promoting the private sector to fill the gap.

Merkel's forced austerity on Greece is oppressive and is enforcing German economic dominance. It should be viewed as an act of war and the Greeks certainly have a right to say "NO" and try to see if a different path can work for them.
Anything is better than Golden Dawn.

As for those three points, they could either be good or really bad.

It would be extremely helpful if Greece could have its debt forgiven. Based on what I'm reading (I don't really follow Greek politics), they're going to take it to the EU and have some valid cases for it, not just go 'hell naw' and not pay the debt, which could just hurt them (not that I'm siding with Merkel and friends with this).

Nationalising industries can go either way depending on what they nationalise and how they do it. Historically this of course produces mixed results, and regardless it'll probably hurt short term considering it will give the image of more economic instability.

Alleviating taxes on the poor will be very good, and I'm reading that only luxury and second homes will be taxed now. I am okay with that.

Again, I don't follow Greek politics all that much (even if I've been paying attention to the economic issues) but if I had to make a prediction, it'll probably get worse. Not because the ideas are bad but because outside forces will make sure they fail. Last I checked things were getting slightly better there (at least not getting worse) and any negative effects of this may be short term if we're being optimistic.
- I just wish every country would find peace and live happily for the rest of their lives.
- I like that take from rich, give to poor thing, especially if these rich are evil
idk
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I hope so. It should stick it to the right wing and their ideological enforced austerity measures of public cut backs and promoting the private sector to fill the gap.

Merkel's forced austerity on Greece is oppressive and is enforcing German economic dominance. It should be viewed as an act of war and the Greeks certainly have a right to say "NO" and try to see if a different path can work for them.

Greeks don't have a right to say no. They have a right to pay our money back and don the reforms. The reforms will help them in the long run. Special licenses for certain jobs to restrict competition, stop working at 60, massive waste in the government run enterprises etc.etc. THese reforms are not just for our benefit, but also for theirs.

Markets know greece can't do without transforms. that's why they have dropped them AGAIN. There is no country to save if the government keeps burning all bridges.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Fuck no.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
It would be nice if they did, but for me, optimism died more than 10 years ago.

I predict tanks on the streets, confronting police, bleeding plebs, raging crowd, burning cars, who'll be alive?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
My friend was just in Greece. He said the weather was nice.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Neo Evil11
Greeks don't have a right to say no. They have a right to pay our money back and don the reforms. The reforms will help them in the long run. Special licenses for certain jobs to restrict competition, stop working at 60, massive waste in the government run enterprises etc.etc. THese reforms are not just for our benefit, but also for theirs.\

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Very very doubtful.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I have my doubts but I really hope they do.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
It will fail, perhaps even more spectacularly than the previous. Best of luck to those idiots.
There will be some sort of deal done between Greece and its creditors, I imagine. They will still have to pay back their debts though.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
This is just the return of communism in Europe guys. They must be destroyed!
If it wasn't for the debt to the EU, I could see Greece getting better. But considering how much the EU loves money, I can't see them getting out of it that easily.
I have nothing important to say
Quote by slapsymcdougal
It would be nice if they did, but for me, optimism died more than 10 years ago.

I predict tanks on the streets, confronting police, bleeding plebs, raging crowd, burning cars, who'll be alive?

So it'll be like Leeds on a Friday night?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I hope so. While I think Germany is being a hard-on with the austerity policies, Greece needs to get their shit together and actually pay their taxes. A little give and take. That said, I don't know what Germany thought austerity was going to do other than not create more debt. It's certainly not going to lead to an economic boom to help pay back existing debt. How is debt-to-GDP going to fall when austerity chokes your economy to death?
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
I hope so. While I think Germany is being a hard-on with the austerity policies, Greece needs to get their shit together and actually pay their taxes. A little give and take. That said, I don't know what Germany thought austerity was going to do other than not create more debt. It's certainly not going to lead to an economic boom to help pay back existing debt. How is debt-to-GDP going to fall when austerity chokes your economy to death?

I agree. Imposing austerity only weakens an economy and makes it impossible to repay your debts, which is exactly what the bankers want.

ron666