Ok guys and gals I am looking for a great recording microphone for guitar and vocals under $120 dollars I am also wondering how the blue icecle works. I would love to know what microphone you use and even post a recording of you using it. But please could some one tell me what microphone to get under $120 even $80.
“There's something to be said that if everyone likes something there's gotta be something fucking wrong with it on some level. Unless it's ice cream.”
― Marc Maron
The Blue Icicle is a very simple single input XLR interface that allows you to use proper microphones with your computer.

By guitar do you mean electric or acoustic? because that's a huge difference. A mic that does vocals and acoustic guitar well is pretty easy, most large diaphragm condensers (or even small diaphragm ones) will do the job just fine. A mic that does good vocals and electric on the other hand is a little more difficult, on your budget you will have to compromise one over the other.

For cheap microphones I highly recommend the Behringer microphones. If you can get past the brand name, they are amazing value for money mics. I personally own a B2 Pro and a C1, and regularly use a pair of C2's. The C1 is actually probably the best bet in your price range for vocals and acoustic.
If you're talking electric guitar, then you have to prioritize a little. If guitar is the priority then you want a dynamic mic, the go to would be the SM57/58 but these are average-at-best recording mics for vocals (they're great for live vocals though, indestructible). If vocals are the preference then the aforementioned C1 is probably a good bet, but might require some smart placement and EQ to get a good guitar sound out of.
Quote by chatterbox272
For cheap microphones I highly recommend the Behringer microphones. If you can get past the brand name, they are amazing value for money mics. I personally own a B2 Pro and a C1, and regularly use a pair of C2's. The C1 is actually probably the best bet in your price range for vocals and acoustic.

I, too, recommend the Behringer C1. I use it regularly for acoustic and vocals.

I used to use it for recording my electric guitar through my amp until I moved out of my childhood home and into my apartment. It sounds okay for clean but for O.D. I prefer direct input and my amp has a mic sim output that sounds A+...

But yeah I agree with chatterbox272. Do you have any recordings you've done with the C1?
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.
if i could only have one mic it would be a shure sm57

i only have one mic and its a shure sm57

have a nice evening
Quote by snappedstrings6
But yeah I agree with chatterbox272. Do you have any recordings you've done with the C1?

Only this really old kinda average harsh vocal cover of Violence by ADTR from 2013
Haha that was brilliant.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.