Hi everyone!
I'm a luthier from Siberia. I want to show you my guitars and (if you want to) some "process" pictures. I've been making guitars for 8 years and have a great experience in woodworking and "voicing" of guitars. Feel free to ask questions)

Quote by saltoz
Hi everyone!
I'm a luthier from Siberia. I want to show you my guitars and (if you want to) some "process" pictures. I've been making guitars for 8 years and have a great experience in woodworking and "voicing" of guitars. Feel free to ask questions)

Nice!
^ Agreed! All 4 are very nice, but that first one is especially so
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ippon
You didn't get the anti-Tele vaccine when you were a child, too!

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ippon
You didn't get the anti-Tele vaccine when you were a child, too!

i'm unvaccined too in addition, i'm infected of semihollow virus
Nice. I like that last f hole tele...really cool grain in the fretboard. I'd like it even better if both halves of the soundboard were the same shade, but I like it a lot as is...
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
^^^ Very nice The maple covers on the pickups work very nicely.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Tony Done
I like the quasi-acoustic. Are you including a piezo pickup and active mixing capability?

Not in this guitar, but i can make it if a customer wants to.
Quote by Paleo Pete
Nice. I like that last f hole tele...really cool grain in the fretboard. I'd like it even better if both halves of the soundboard were the same shade, but I like it a lot as is...

The sound is much more important for me than looking, and I use selected spruce soundboards for this kind of guitar. Spruce doesn't look so impressive, but it sounds perfect. As for me, I rate the beauty of master grade spruce more than burls, spalts etc.
Have you ever tried cedar? I've played bunches of spruce top acoustics, they sound good, then I got a Takamine with cedar top. The cedar has a very good reputation, I didn't even know that's what I had till I looked up some info on the guitar, I just knew the thing sounded fabulous.

I got it in a pawn shop. 4 or 5 people working there, a half dozen deer hunters talking guns, scopes and bows, I knelt and played it a few minutes and noticed I didn't hear any background noise. All those people, I should hear some noise...they were all watching me. That's how good cedar sounds. I never knew it till then. That was also what made up my mind, if this guitar can stop everyone in this store, it's the one I want. Bought it on the spot...

Anyway, if you haven't, try cedar. I don't know how it will work for an electric, but for an electric/acoustic, mine sounds great unplugged. And looks good too.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
I will try it) After I try all species of spruce (Carpathian, Caucasian, Siberian, etc)
Here in Siberia we have Altaian Cedar. It is not as good as Western Red Cedar or any kind of spruce, but it is great for solidbodies or semi-hollows (not for hollow or acoustic).
Quote by Paleo Pete
Have you ever tried cedar? I've played bunches of spruce top acoustics, they sound good, then I got a Takamine with cedar top.

Taylor has this to say about cedar-top guitars:

Cedar is less dense than spruce, and that softness typically translates into a sense of sonic warmth. If Sitka has a full dynamic range, cedar makes quieter tones louder, but it also imposes more of a ceiling on high volume levels driven by an aggressive attack. If one tries to drive a cedar top hard, at a certain point it will reach a volume limit. Typically, players with a lighter touch sound wonderful on a cedar-top guitar, fingerstyle players especially — that lighter touch will be amplified a little more, and one's attack never reaches the ceiling. Flatpickers are likely to hit the ceiling fast, and might be frustrated by an inability to get the tonal output to match their attack.

Cedar has a bit more high harmonic but a deeper fundamental. It's not got quite the same clarity as spruce. One more thing: Cedar doesn't improve with age; it stays pretty much the same throughout its life, where Spruce will keep improving.
dspellman, there are a lot of different spruce and cedar species, not only sitka and western cedar. Sound properties are very different too
Quote by dspellman
Taylor has this to say about cedar-top guitars:

Cedar is less dense than spruce, and that softness typically translates into a sense of sonic warmth. If Sitka has a full dynamic range, cedar makes quieter tones louder, but it also imposes more of a ceiling on high volume levels driven by an aggressive attack. If one tries to drive a cedar top hard, at a certain point it will reach a volume limit. Typically, players with a lighter touch sound wonderful on a cedar-top guitar, fingerstyle players especially — that lighter touch will be amplified a little more, and one's attack never reaches the ceiling. Flatpickers are likely to hit the ceiling fast, and might be frustrated by an inability to get the tonal output to match their attack.

Cedar has a bit more high harmonic but a deeper fundamental. It's not got quite the same clarity as spruce. One more thing: Cedar doesn't improve with age; it stays pretty much the same throughout its life, where Spruce will keep improving.

With apologies to Saltoz for hijacking the thread. - Your guitars look great.

I'm an acoustic fingerpicker with a fairly light touch, and I think the Taylor summary is very good. In general terms I like cedar a lot, but when it comes to shelling out the cash, I have always chosen spruce - except for one cedar-topped Maton dread that I use for slide and open tunings.

Spruce certainly changes with age, but not always for the better. My new Martin J-40 turned into a dog over a period of about three years, and I sold it at a significant loss because my music store mate wouldn't take it in trade. I now strongly favour beat-up old acoustic guitars, so that I know what I'm getting.