Hey!

I am looking for ''the best'' tight cabinet outhere (bright, not dark sounding if possible). I am playing ENGL Ritchie Blackmore head, in not so distant future probably also JVM, 5150, old JMP. Current options for me are 2x12 or 4x12: Mesa, Engl (not standard of course), Orange, VHT Deliverance, Marshall, 5150. Which one do you suggest?
probably the Orange PPC
Mesa recto cabs get boomy
Engl I haven't tried enough to recommend.
If the Marshall is a 1960AV then it will be pretty tight also.
If the VHT has the same Eminence P50 VHT always used, I'd pass on it
Peavey 5150 cabs have Sheffield speakers that are quite shitty, If your talking new 5150 III cabs they have EVH greenbacks in the 4x12 and G12h30 in the 2x12/1x12 and are not what I'd want for a tight sound
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Probably the Orange, or the VHT, if you dig the sound of those speakers.

Wouldn't even consider the Peavey cab against the rest of those. Not a huge fan of Engl cabs, the Marshall will sound good, but depending on which version and what the price is, I'd go for something different. The Mesas are great, but unless you get the smaller cab, the OS isn't what I'd consider "tight."
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Either the closed back orange PPC's or the big ENGL's.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Are you including the cabinet's stock speakers in your assessment or just the cab?

Heard a current generation 6505 cab w V30s recently and it was a beautiful thing. Tight and gnarly. The default Sheffields often fail to impress tho.

+1 Orange or Marshall 1960 anything
Laney also continues to make super-crisp cabs that fly under the radar a bit.
Also agree w avoiding Mesa for tightness .. they sound big but not particularly tight.
Charvel DX-1 FR / DS-1 ST / DC-1 FR / Custom Strat / La Patrie Hybrid CW / Vypyr 30 / VK100 / 1960A
Quote by Bruc
Hey!

I am looking for ''the best'' tight cabinet outhere (bright, not dark sounding if possible). I am playing ENGL Ritchie Blackmore head, in not so distant future probably also JVM, 5150, old JMP. Current options for me are 2x12 or 4x12: Mesa, Engl (not standard of course), Orange, VHT Deliverance, Marshall, 5150. Which one do you suggest?

Diezel 412 with V30s. The Orange PPC 412 with V30s has the low Mids which you may consider dark, probably due to the giant rubber bar underneath.
My co-guitarist in the band uses Diezel, and it's ****ing great cab and super light, but they are hard to get them around here. My first cab was 1960 w V30 and I thought (mostly due to the forums :-)) there could be another one better, so I changed lots of cabs, but wasn't really satisfied with any of them. Haven't tried Orange though. What about 2x12: Orange, 1936, JVM,...?
I would lean my thoughts towards a zilla cab that way you can custom it to taylor your personal sound in your head i have a custom 4x12 and i could not be happier tight and pushes a hell of alot of air.
Must say it weighs a ton and with the invader 150 atop you break a sweat moving it around but for that kinda of tone i dont mind the effort and i could stand to loose a few pounds anyway
Esp guitars are the path to true tone no other guitar matches them