http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-31121160

A video published online by Islamic State militants claims to show Jordanian pilot Moaz al-Kasasbeh being burned alive.

The video, which could not immediately be verified, showed a man standing in a cage and engulfed in flames.

Lt Moaz al-Kasasbeh was captured when his plane came down in December on a mission to support the US-led, anti-IS military coalition.

Jordan has been attempting to secure his release as part of a prisoner swap.

How much more of this will it take before the world fights back?
Horrible news.

RIP
Last edited by GlenGuitar16 at Feb 3, 2015,
Who would you have "the world" fight back against, exactly?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Honestly and I don't say this lightly but I would love to go and fight these guys. My roommate and I agree we'd actually join the armed forces.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Honestly and I don't say this lightly but I would love to go and fight these guys. My roommate and I agree we'd actually join the armed forces.

The problem is that "these guys" is a nebulous distinction. Who, exactly, can you define as "these guys" and how do you identify them?
Charles Darwin
I want to add that bombing the shart out of the region and another Iraq war is bad idea.

ppl seem to go in that direction when using vague dialogue "fighting back"
KIFFLOM
Quote by Arby911
The problem is that "these guys" is a nebulous distinction. Who, exactly, can you define as "these guys" and how do you identify them?

They're waving IS flags and chopping people's heads off.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
They're waving IS flags and chopping people's heads off.

Yeah, a few of them are, and then they go home to their wives and kids and unless you see them actually "in the act" you have no way of knowing they are/were involved.

Killing terrorists is easy, finding them is often extremely difficult.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Ippon
Most of these can be traced back to the Crusades, yea?

I've seen that claimed, but I'm unconvinced that atrocities committed centuries ago are REALLY a driving factor in current events.

I think that there are plenty of contemporary happenings in the last 150 years or so that provide more than enough fuel for the fire, and that claims of long-term historical grievances are more a feature of fantasy than reality, even amongst those that claim to hold them.
Charles Darwin
How much more will it take before I can fight back against American military for continuing to stick it's nose where it doesn't belong and killing innocent women and children in the process?
Quote by Wormholes
How much more will it take before I can fight back against American military for continuing to stick it's nose where it doesn't belong and killing innocent women and children in the process?

You can start now if you would like.

RIP...
Charles Darwin
Mods on serious about starting to spam if that shit isn't taking care of. Now it isn't just that ****ing neo douchebag.
Quote by Ippon
Most of these can be traced back to the Crusades, yea?

Yes, because history started there. None of this "Earth is 6000 years old" shit, it's way newer than that.
Quote by Arby911
Yeah, a few of them are, and then they go home to their wives and kids and unless you see them actually "in the act" you have no way of knowing they are/were involved.

Killing terrorists is easy, finding them is often extremely difficult.

That's true. I'm not a strategist or military intelligence guy. I'm just saying. If they need bodies, I and several people I know are down because this shit is getting ridiculous.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Quote by ErikLensherr
That's true. I'm not a strategist or military intelligence guy. I'm just saying. If they need bodies, I and several people I know are down because this shit is getting ridiculous.

I understand your anger, and even respect your intention, but what's needed today isn't more warm bodies willing to fight, we've got plenty of those.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911

Unlike typical terrorist acts and guerilla fighters, Islamic State is actually relatively identifiable, as the whole point is to be an islamic state.

Was reading recent articles saying ISIS is struggling, mostly due to getting the shit bombed out of them and an apparent shortage of recruitment's.

And sure, America and the rest of its western allies may have a bad rep for sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong. But in this situation to not act internationally would be idiotic. This is a global movement with domestic consequences.

Here's an interesting article that gives us some perspective on ISIS
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/photojournalist-b%C3%BCnyamin-ayg%C3%BCn-survives-40-days-as-isis-hostage-1.2939815
Last edited by Jmoarguitar at Feb 3, 2015,
Quote by Drop -D
go to 4chins /pol/ I'm sure there's numerous threads.

(Invalid img)

Seriously dude, get that right to ****.
Man, ISIS is trying to outdo the Nazis.

I'm usually one for rational solutions, but a big part of me is just screaming 'How about I put you in a cage and set you on fire? You wouldn't like that, would you?!?'
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat