Recently acquired a 2000 Schecter Omen 7, so I decided to put a Seymour Duncan Nazgul in. But there's just something about the sound I'm not keen on, could it be the mid spike people go on about .
Toying with the idea of Blackouts or EMG 81-7, Just wondering anyone else's thoughts on the Nazgul.
Thanks
Gear

B.C Rich Wave Signature
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Schecter BlackJack ATX FR
Schecter Omen 7

Bugera 6262 212
Blackstar ID15 TVP
Last edited by rickster100 at Feb 3, 2015,
The Nazgul is a relatively new SD pickup, so there are people who band-wagoned it.
Why did you decide to put one on?
Pretty much what you said lol, more output and more clarity, got an SD Blackwinter in my BC Rich and it's the best one I've tried. I thought it would be along the same lines. I've tweaked the EQ but i don't like to scoop the mids to much. sounds slightly better in standard tuning, tried it in A but not keen on it, using 10-60 dunlop strings.
Gear

B.C Rich Wave Signature
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Schecter Omen 7

Bugera 6262 212
Blackstar ID15 TVP
I found the Dunlop string to sound pretty dead when I used them, just saying.

Anyway, yeah the Nazgûl is not for everybody. Lots of output from that pickup. Before going through the whole pot swapping fiasco while switching to actives you could try the Sentient, which is the other SD bridge pickup in that line. Or if you like the black winter you could get a 7 string version of that.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
The strings make sense, when playing acoustically It pretty much sounds dead compared to my other guitars which have Ernie Balls on them.
I'll change strings see how i get on. TheStig what's the Deathbucker like ? their reasonably priced here in the UK. Thanks for the reply guys much appreciated
Gear

B.C Rich Wave Signature
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Schecter Omen 7

Bugera 6262 212
Blackstar ID15 TVP
I personally use D'Addarios but that's neither here nor there.

I love my Deathbucker/Alumi 7 set. Very clear, articulate and tight. Strumming chords you her every note. You might have to switch the pots to 250K, as that's what Lace recommends. I did and I find it too bassy but that has to do with the RG7321's distance between the bridge and bridge pickup. So I'll probably switch back to 500k to brighten it up. When I order my custom later this year I'm going with the deathbar/x bar set, which is essentially the same pickup set that I have now.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9