title says it all.

I keep breaking guitar strings...
I've tried alot to prevent it: filed out saddles and tuners,lubed stringslots... (the tips i've found googling)
I play whit ernie ball medium light 12-54. so big strings...

So now i'm gonna trie and change my technique.
Anyone else got any tipsM?
Or a brand of unbreakable strings that your keeping a secret?

Thanks in advance for any advice...
Well; you have addressed the most common reasons why strings break, so let's look at some others.

What kind of guitar is it? Does it have a stop tailpiece and a tune-o-matic bridge? Sometimes - with this setup - the angle at which the strings meet the bridge saddles from the stop tailpiece is so severe that it causes the strings to break. Could this be the case with your guitar?

Where, exactly, are the strings breaking? Sometimes a sharp edge, or something that "catches" the string, in the string nut by the headstock can cause string breakage; particularly when you are tuning up.

And then there are the inevitable questions: Are you doing crazy things with your guitar? Does it have a Floyd Rose (or some other kind of tremolo bridge) and you are engaging in Herman Li-style tremolo insanity? Are you bending your strings into the stratosphere when you play? These actions can also break your strings.

A little more information on the problem and we can give you more useful advice.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
It's a guitar i built myself, an old squier neck and a top load strat like bridge. so no tremelo.

I dont exactly know where they break cause its usually during a gig and i have to replace it fast so no time to study broken strings.
I THINK it breaks at the bridge..

As far as doing crazy things go i strum pretty heavy so thats why i'm gonna try adjusting technique...

Need any more info?
Strumming hard shouldn't break 12's. I play crazy SRV/Albert King bends on my Strat with 12's and have never broken a string.
What strings are the ones that are breaking?
If you wanted to mix things up you could try some D'Addario EXL145's?? That's what I use anyway
I don't know if this is possible for you, but when I was constantly breaking strings, I put a set of roller saddles on. I haven't had an issue since.
Roller saddles i assume its a possibility... i'll have to look into that.
The strings that usually break are A-D-G...
And i use 1 mm picks tortex
Are you putting on a brand new set of strings the day before your gigs?
Jackson Pro King V
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
No usually i've had at least one rehearsal whit a set of string before i gig whit it.
One rehersal isnt gonna kill em. Do you sweat to the point that the strings often become moist? If thats the case, clean your strings after every session to prevent breakage from corrosion.
Jackson Pro King V
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
Geez.... Maybe strings with a heavier core is what you need. Dunlop Heavy Core strings were designed with a heavier core for increased tension with drop tunings, but in your case it should help with breakage from heavy picking. They make a 12-54 set.
Jackson Pro King V
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
I'm wondering if you have oils or salts in your skin that are corroding strings unusually fast. You wouldn't be the only one...

I always changed strings every day when I played for a living, if I left them on for a second gig, chances are I would start popping strings about halfway through the second night. I'm not sure why, normally if I just play at home and keep the guitar on a stand I can keep a set of strings for 3 months or sometimes more. Just broke one at a gig Fri night, put them on in mid November, played about 4 gigs and several practices on them so it was time...

Also maybe look close at the saddles again, maybe you still have some rough surfaces. I use Cratex, in the grey green extra fine grit. I Have the long sticks from my machinist days, you can also get them in dime size wheels intended for a Dremel, those work great used by hand for guitar saddles. Smooths out any rough spots, I always hit them with Cratex after using files, if I have to go with a file. Usually don't need a file unless it's a really bad burr, the Cratex will handle it.

http://www.cratex.com/

Should be available in the small wheels for Dremel at hardware stores.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Last edited by Paleo Pete at Feb 4, 2015,
Any burrs in the saddles?

If you really are eating away through the string, then you could try elixirs, fixed it for me.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline
If you are breaking relatively new strings at the saddles, your saddles are NOT smooth enough, end of story, full stop.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin